Tailgate lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmo_aggie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I guess I need to put one of those helper lift kits on my trailer so my help can lift the gate. Dads PJ came with that, my Maclander didn't. Looking at either the Gorilla lift, that looks like will require a bunch of holes drilled in both side rails, or the Rackem double barrel that only goes on one side. The rackem uses a chain and sprocket, the Gorilla uses a cable and pulley that I've heard might need replacement every year to the tune of $25-30...I find that a little tough to swallow, and I'm sure depends on use.

Wondering if anyone here has either of these, or something else you like better.

I made my own lift gate for my old trailer. My gate was a foldup type as I needed the extra lenght for loading my ventrac attachments. This made it very heavy to raise or lower. I took garage door springs and mounted on the top rails of the trailer, one on each side. I ran a cable thru a pulley on the back of the trailer and attached to the gate. the spring assisted in the lifting of the gate and kept it from slamming down when lowered. Pretty simple to build. I didnt put pvc over my springs, but think it is a good ideal to do so.

Back