the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what cal ..... i'm gunna order buy length and let the weight be what it will be i'm hoping for around 165 170g in 7mm

.257" - interested to see how they go on goats but doubt they'd outperform a 100gn Ballistic Tip. I'm only buying them so I can put a photo on their website :)

i got me second stock (the one fer the dero) and yep both times i've had the dremel out so they fit...............
QC in the states is slip'n ....
this bit on the rear tang sat up at 45 thou ....would have worked wonders for the bedding .
View attachment 355718

View attachment 355719
That's HS Precision for ya. They used to make great stocks, but I have heard the same in the States.

25919544.whisper.jpg

My Coyote gun ;) Er... back in Texas.

That's HS Precision for ya. They used to make great stocks, but I have heard the same in the States.

25919544.whisper.jpg

My Coyote gun ;) Er... back in Texas.

I think Darren is talking about Bell & Carlson. What calibre is your rifle? Also is that actually classed as suppressed?

SWR 30 cal suppressor(registered NFA item), 16" legal non SBR barrel, 300 Whisper. Third Gen night vision scope. So a short range sniper set up. I think it was a fixed 4 power? Sold it off 10 years ago.

With the 300 WHisper, the thing was literally Whisper quiet.

SWR 30 cal suppressor(registered NFA item), 16" legal non SBR barrel, 300 Whisper. Third Gen night vision scope. So a short range sniper set up. I think it was a fixed 4 power? Sold it off 10 years ago.

Those Whispers are good for around 300m apparently. Cool setup. 3rd Gen wouldn't have been cheap 10 years ago :)

Yah, that is (or was) the 261C-Q model with the chain brake and no M-tronic. In NZ they list a 261C-MZ, whatever the Z means. In the US the Z model means heavier springs on the R model 441 and 461, but they are not listed with the Z in the product number. In NZ the 261C-MZ list for $1600 NZD (that's $1400 USD :confused:+$182 13% GST is $1582). The 261C-M is listed in Oz for $1330 AUD plus tax ($1250 USD o_O, +$125 10% VAT is $1375), and the 261C-MQ is listed for $1380. In the western states, the 261C-M lists for $630 USD (no sales tax here in Oregon :p), and the 261C-MQ lists for $770 USD (!!!). I dunno why anyone would want a Q model. Today, 1.00 AUD = 0.94 USD, 1.00 NZD = 0.87 USD.

We do get saws cheap here stateside... and then complain about the price. :cry:

Z stands for spark arrester muffler btw...

Z stands for spark arrester muffler btw...

That's interesting. All the saws sold here have spark arresters in them for fire prevention laws. You must have them on your saws for summer cutting in fire season here in the western US. Back east in the US they commonly remove them.

With the 300 WHisper, the thing was literally Whisper quiet.

As said on one gun forum I am on about suppressors and night vision optics: We're wading pretty deep into masturbatory testosterone fantasy here.

At least stateside. Night vision devices for firearms here in the US varies highly from state to state. About half the states prohibit the use of night vision devices outright for any hunting, and you cannot have any night vision devices with you when hunting. Also hunting after sundown is not legal here in all 50 states for any game species (its poaching). In those states that allow it, you can use night vision only for hunting non-game species, like raccoons, coyotes, possums, and wild pigs.

Suppressors are another story. You cannot own a suppressor in many states unless you are in law enforcement. In those states that do allow suppressors, you have to either have a Type 1 or 7 Federal Firearms license, or buy them from a dealer that has a Class 3 federal firearms license and apply for a owning them with several ATF forms, pay a $200 transfer tax, pay the dealer fees, get a local sheriff to sign off for you, clear a background check (no felonies or domestic violence), submit several sets of FBI fingerprints, submit photos, wait for several months, and some other stuff. In some states, you can own a suppressor, but once you attach it to a gun, it becomes illegal (WA state is like that). Suppressors are also insanely expensive; a typical suppressor here for a typical gun here costs more than the gun itself. In Oregon it would cost me over $1000 to buy a suppressor/silencer. And if you try to sell one, the buyer has to go through the same rigmarole. You also have to go through the entire process again to buy another one.

Can do it with the browser on the laptop, can't seem to do it with Tapatalk on the mobile.... :(

Neil, will give you a ring over the next couple of days.
Sorry about yesterday, it was nuts and I just ran out of time, had to go to Sydney in the arvo, won't be home till tomorrow. :(

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

No worries Rick, yea I was busily trying to get through my work load too, may see you next Saturday.

Well then, stop at a public library and log into the internet on a computer there and add the parasite to your iggy list. That is, if you have libraries there with internet access, like they do here. Or borrow a friend's laptop, Ipad, or other internet friendly device. I have some friends on the other end of Hunter Valley there if you need a reference to someone that has a laptop :D.

A Bug-Free AS is a better AS! And its a lot quieter too.

View attachment 355816

That sounds like good advise.

*Edit to add* Don't worry Neil, he wouldn't send me the race chain variation either. I haven't advanced to a high enough level to appreciate or handle the awesomeness. Simply put, I'm not worthy. But I tell you, the stump cutting version he allowed me to have does the job...in between interludes in the shed every second day to take out a link or two.

That's good to know, I had the impression I was the only one exempt from this chain, which I have heard a lot about but never actually seen.
One day he may just weaken long enough to at least demonstrate it in wood on a real saw.... hint..... hint.....

Sunday today and as predicted the guns came out,,,,, keep them coming.
Matty 2 is quiet, he must be lowering the bunny population again.

No Neil been busy with other stuff went and shot field rifle yesterday with the step farter that takes up most of the day then whacked some new hinges on my front door of the house now the bastard closes. Was ment to pick up a bullbar for my disco today but the bloke is a knob and mucking me about. So ile finish off fitting the engine saver on my ute and get some fishing gear sorted I'm takeing the cook to tathra for a week fishing in all the sneaky spots I used to go as a kid. Then spending a week out west in Tottenham

As said on one gun forum I am on about suppressors and night vision optics: We're wading pretty deep into masturbatory testosterone fantasy here.

At least stateside. Night vision devices for firearms here in the US varies highly from state to state. About half the states prohibit the use of night vision devices outright for any hunting, and you cannot have any night vision devices with you when hunting. Also hunting after sundown is not legal here in all 50 states for any game species (its poaching). In those states that allow it, you can use night vision only for hunting non-game species, like raccoons, coyotes, possums, and wild pigs.

Suppressors are another story. You cannot own a suppressor in many states unless you are in law enforcement. In those states that do allow suppressors, you have to either have a Type 1 or 7 Federal Firearms license, or buy them from a dealer that has a Class 3 federal firearms license and apply for a owning them with several ATF forms, pay a $200 transfer tax, pay the dealer fees, get a local sheriff to sign off for you, clear a background check (no felonies or domestic violence), submit several sets of FBI fingerprints, submit photos, wait for several months, and some other stuff. In some states, you can own a suppressor, but once you attach it to a gun, it becomes illegal (WA state is like that). Suppressors are also insanely expensive; a typical suppressor here for a typical gun here costs more than the gun itself. In Oregon it would cost me over $1000 to buy a suppressor/silencer. And if you try to sell one, the buyer has to go through the same rigmarole. You also have to go through the entire process again to buy another one.

Hey very interesting mate. We're a bit different about hunting at night although the "poaching" tag may come in if hunting at night iin game parks?
We spotlight here all the time.

I like your comment about suppressors and night vision :D I remember when all that Russian 1st Gen gear hit the market. Everybody thought it was cool and they'd all of a sudden be a Navy SEAL or SAS guy. They didn't realise that the first few generations of night vision were absolute crap. You're talking Vietnam war type gear so bloody old technology. My mate who was in the SAS said it's illegal for the public to own the latest Gen night vision. Not sure if that's the case in the US or not? I think it probably is.

Went out yesterday with the BB 7900 to grab some firewood (sold everything I had and still getting orders :().
Had an old flogged out Oregon Power Match Plus bar here in 20" 3/8" .058". As I don't run .058" I grabbed a few loops of that Oregon 75DP semi chisel bumper link safety chain.
It pretty well proved what I thought - safety chain is absolute crap. It held an edge well (I actually like Oregon chain) but was slow, even after filing it properly, you simply couldn't bore cut with it, and after a few hours I had probably half the wood cut I normally would. Cutting dead Mallee so hard as hell.
Just off down the shed to cut those bumpers out before heading off again for more wood.

Took the .25/06 out as well and a big mob of goats was eating the guy's crop so barrelled 3 of them before they made the scrub. Had a look at the damage they'd done and the bastards had basically chewed the emerging wheat off at ground level over a 30-40 metre circle. Sat there looking at them through the scope for a while, picked the biggest Billy out, and let him have it through the chest first with a 100gn Ballistic Tip - dropped him instantly. There was probably 50 goats in the mob.

I got told a story about a bloke trout fishing out of season at night using his night vision to look for the fishery blokes. Any how fishery rocked up and busted him then told him to buy better night vision as they had been watching him most of the night. This happened at lake eucombene I'm told

Latest posts

Back