the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes genuine down to the starter cord, I guess if someone offered **** Chinese parts big noting them selves ricko would simple tell him to F##K OFF.
Our style of racing is organised, practiced and has formal rules and is a network of scheduled events spanning from northern NSW to northern QLD.
I have never been involved with a saw get together, we don't do that here.
As for bob, he has no involvement, no impute, or credibility in our competitive racing fraternity.

GTGs here are just thrown together, and random from year to year and region to region. Though the one they have in the PNW has become more organized lately in one location, and they bring in logs and make square cants for racing with pairs of sawyers to compare saws. Its also a camp out, BBQ, and beer drinking event and people sit around and BS about stuff. Sponsors usually provide free stuff like screnches and premix oil. There is also a pro logging show circuit and spectator logging events all over the US. They vary widely as to organization and rules, etc. Seems like there is really nothing here to compare to what you have there in Oz when it comes to chainsaw racing.

As for McBob's credibility, I think he could order up certificates from China making him the saw racing champion of Tasmania, Australia and the world. In the land of fake, anything is possible. Look here, these guys are selling official certificates stating that people are sick and need time off of work so they can watch the World Cup in China, instead of plugging away at work all week. Makes you wonder what is real in China any more.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ld-cup-china-has-just-what-the-doctor-ordered

I reckon we need a NZ GTG. How about a few days before the field days, somewhere close to there. Anyone know anyone with trees and land around there? Maybe split it to a NI and SI GTG?
I'll bring my sawmill, slabber, super split flywheel splitter, and the star attraction; Matt's cutty cutty long time chain, in it's own hermetically sealed display chamber.

*Edit to add* Don't worry Neil, he wouldn't send me the race chain variation either. I haven't advanced to a high enough level to appreciate or handle the awesomeness. Simply put, I'm not worthy. But I tell you, the stump cutting version he allowed me to have does the job...in between interludes in the shed every second day to take out a link or two.

461c? They have an M-tronic 461 one in NZ? That would be the first I have heard of.
We had 261c here that wasn't a MTronic'd.
But bloody hell that about 500 more than what we pay here which is about 500 more than in the states.
By the time you get to Antarctica they will be 3000 bucks. Lucky there's no trees there!!

MCW you'd like'd this, twas training 10 blokes bout saw safety at the National golf course this week.
http://www.nationalgolf.com.au/cms/
They set me up in palatial HQ board room walnut furniture with french maid delivered coffee and muffins sea view looking over 36 holes of 1st class greens.
The members dunnies change rooms were 5 star digs i really felt outta place
I'd say old chap chairman of the board... the series 80 was parked next to this year models merc rangies and Bentleys tallyho old boy

MCW you'd like'd this, twas training 10 blokes bout saw safety at the National golf course this week.
http://www.nationalgolf.com.au/cms/
They set me up in palatial HQ board room walnut furniture with french maid delivered coffee and muffins sea view looking over 36 holes of 1st class greens.
The members dunnies change rooms were 5 star digs i really felt outta place
I'd say old chap chairman of the board... the series 80 was parked next to this year models merc rangies and Bentleys tallyho old boy

Cool. Are you an ATTA member?

And Neil I don't think you in all you holiness would have video'ed ol Bob

Besides when do you mention others besides yourself and your cohort Dean oh that's right the rest of your association are losers too so best not mention them ..... 1 is a lonely number
Atleast the association knows how to keep f#@kwits like McBoob out of the competition ring. Dangerous McBob an accident waiting to happen.

Heres one of my favourite video's Neil flogging Will in 2008 at Dungog with a standard old Mac 125c ............... gee that's why theres no need for me to race you's aint fast enough yet.

And I have even bigger guns to play with

Gee theres some good mileage left in these video's yet Right Neil

The only shame here Bob is that Will is not even in the picture

narh just Tafe sessional,, i do a handful of https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/AHCARB205A blunt end sharp end OHS chat show n tells a year ... some of the bods this week were students i had taught 2006 - 2008 was nice to see they had avoided any saw harm so must be gitting some of it right:)

A lot of times the student / operators are only as good as the quality of training they receive, some trainers are way more dedicated than others.

My safety officer loved working with us in old growth, he said the experience of big wood and big machines taught him a lot the text book does not.
He kept me alive by being strict in his ways but said it was a privilege to see guys he trained become successful and competent in our unique environment.

ps, doing tree work in town would scare me if I had to climb and limb from the top.

Latest posts

Back