The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's some nice pine, should be perfect for the leveraxe, one year standing dead, the bark came off easy once on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20141004_135915.jpg
    IMG_20141004_135915.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 25
And here's some nice pine, should be perfect for the leveraxe, one year standing dead, the bark came off easy once on the ground.

Nice!!!!!

I wonder how much of a learning curve the lever axe will have to truly give it a fair shake?

I know it took me a while to get the fiskars figured out to where it became second nature of adjusting force of swing and follow though.

Im looking forward to the hands on reports.

No I am in Iowa. No big deal, just had a laugh about the min 100 post deal.....heh

I need more straight grained stuff, most is too big and knarly and I love my homebuilt splitter....

Neighbor also has a super split, kind of jealous of that. But I can handle the large stuff easier with my vertical.....May try a homebuilt Super Split this winter if I get bored. Got some good machinist friends....
Where at in iowa ? im near chelsea.

Nice!!!!!

I wonder how much of a learning curve the lever axe will have to truly give it a fair shake?

I know it took me a while to get the fiskars figured out to where it became second nature of adjusting force of swing and follow though.

Im looking forward to the hands on reports.

Hopefully it will only take an hour or so to get the swing of it. Took me a few days with the fiskars, but, it was busting great right off the bat, because I learned to split with a regular lightweight chopping axe. Tried the maul swing, nope, overkill and not fast enough, back to overhead axe swing, yep, that worked. What I had to learn with the fiskars was how to not cut my foot off... ;)

Hopefully it will only take an hour or so to get the swing of it. Took me a few days with the fiskars, but, it was busting great right off the bat, because I learned to split with a regular lightweight chopping axe. Tried the maul swing, nope, overkill and not fast enough, back to overhead axe swing, yep, that worked. What I had to learn with the fiskars was how to not cut my foot off... ;)
Ya , I put a nice slice in my boot toe with x25 , put shoe goo on it. Stand spread eagle or put a thick round down & split on that!

And here's some tulip poplar. Again, this should be leveraxe prime. Got this good row of nice ones and another almost row of smalls.

Attachments

• IMG_20141005_141905.jpg
    IMG_20141005_141905.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20141005_141928.jpg
    IMG_20141005_141928.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 35
Cut a lot of birch, aspen, cedar, ash, and spruce today for the shoot out. Tamarack is on the menu tomorrow if the weather holds out.

The 'ol Swamp Pine has consistently proven to be my most toughest wood to split.

It's always a fight.

ETA -

I have some test wood from today I could of shipped over.:chop::D
AB629C68-FD94-440F-8633-6AF6663E3229_zps6byjlq51.jpg

I spied some standing dead elm but its inside the city limits of the town near my hunting cabin so I'm not interested in finding out if someone has a problem with me cutting it.

Thank you for volunteering to go mad dog with this new fangled axe Rick...
We look forward to seeing you operate it... Will offer pointers as you attempt to split this...
View attachment 372424
This is gonna be fun...
Say What? I didn't volunteer to use that thing. I'm gonna split some wood it's gonna be with the hydro splitter.:laugh:

Back