The "unofficial" 6 cube sticky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you fillet that head??

Har, har,

good one Jim.

I can file a chain purty good, and can stone a fillet knife decent,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not quite there to slice the top of'n a cylinder.

That is a jug that came to me (topless) with a 'race saw' 133 SD.

It also came with a big ole Tilly and a topless 56mm jug.

I made that 'head' at work during one o' them slow nights eh?

the 56mm jug has some very interesting port work done to it, too bad all the JB weld broke off.

Perhaps when things get slow I will weld some 'proper' port covers on it and make a 'head'.

I have noticed many of the older saws tend to have horizontal cylinders as opposed to 'upright'?

Is there an advantage to this design and if so why do all the 'modern' big saws have the 'upright' design?

I have noticed many of the older saws tend to have horizontal cylinders as opposed to 'upright'?

Is there an advantage to this design and if so why do all the 'modern' big saws have the 'upright' design?

Actually saws came full circle... Look at the saws from the '40's and '50's (and even later Power Products based models) and they all had vertical cylinders. Then the manufacturers went to horizontal and then back to vertical. I think the Pioneer based Poulan Pros were about the last of the horizontal saws built.

So i thought i'd join the club and post one up here.View attachment 332560 My Pro655. 44" windsor with full skip stihl chisel .404 063 chain. shes a brute! (-:

How about I raise you a couple...? By the way, nice saw.

655trio1_zpscc5317e4.jpg

Actually saws came full circle... Look at the saws from the '40's and '50's (and even later Power Products based models) and they all had vertical cylinders. Then the manufacturers went to horizontal and then back to vertical. I think the Pioneer based Poulan Pros were about the last of the horizontal saws built.

Think I read somewhere (probably here) that the Horizontal saws were more prone to start fires?

Some old codger said the US Forestry Service doomed the ole 'butt draggers'?

I really need to get on that 56mm jug, then I would have a 133 to post in the six cube sticky (40mm x 56mm just like the old Huskies)

I believe he uses it for a mill some. I'll be running mine with a 48" I'm converting to 3/8".

I've always wanted to try a 166 on a mill.

Have a .375 50" Cannon on a nice 153, but me thinks 100cc is pretty small if you ever bury that 50 incher in some good old hardwood.

I be a very patient Man, someday, yeah someday?

Even if I never get my meat hooks on an 166, I guess I can slum along with my old 152/153s.

I have six that are runners, and enough spares to keep on keepin' on.

Shoot I still haven't been able to kill my first one! Y'know them dudes have a 2mm longer arm than an 090?

Here she is with the 'standard set-up' 28 inches of hardwood humbles the old gal, but like said I be a very patient Man.

412.JPG

See why I need a 50" set-up?

Latest posts

Back