Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2260 is small mount

I'm kinda surprised these saws aren't making a bigger splash on here but I guess they've been out for quite a while, or at least equivalent-performing saws have been.

I probably should have put the pics in a new thread, as this one has been around a while.

I just bought a 2238- 14" bar from my local TSC because I needed a small saw for all the bushes I've been taking out for folks and the MS 290 was just getting too heavy for that kind of work and I couldn't afford to spend Stihl kind of money on a small saw at this time. I used the little guy for about an hour and a half off and on, put it back in the truck bed and when I pulled it out to make another cut I noticed a pool of bar oil in my bedliner. O.K., no big deal really, just keep an eye on the oil level until the job was done. Anyways, I called the 800 # (the ONLY #) in the operator's book when I got home and the nice lady (at least she was American) I talked to had never heard of Jonsered chain saws! She asked me if I had dialed the correct number. DOH! I called my TSC and explained the issue to them and they called the same 800# I did. TSC called me back to tell me they got the same result at first that I did but they asked for a supervisor who was able to connect them to someone who knew what they were talking about. Long story short, I have to take the saw back to TSC and they will send it to their warranty shop across the county to get it taken care of and I SHOULD have it back in about a week.
And this is why you buy from a real dealer...

Back