Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
il9iSFH.jpg

Jt2J9H3.jpg

While we're talking new stuff, I got a chance to play with one of these things a couple weeks ago.

CnUCT9R.jpg

No big deal here, cause we've seen pics before. But finally having them here on the counter is cool. Real good looking saws IMO. Better than the Husky versions. The top and starter fit well together and have a nice integrated look to them. I can't wait to get home tonight and paint the top silver. :msp_biggrin:

tp95Y0B.jpg

H5GRH1w.jpg

Thanks for posting Spike!! That is the first time I've seen them. Awesome

They look real good sitting on the counter. I bet they'd look real good on a stump in my front yard:D

No big deal here, cause we've seen pics before. But finally having them here on the counter is cool. Real good looking saws IMO. Better than the Husky versions. The top and starter fit well together and have a nice integrated look to them. I can't wait to get home tonight and paint the top silver. :msp_biggrin:

tp95Y0B.jpg

H5GRH1w.jpg

Where is Jacks heated one(s)? :msp_biggrin:

Yes, it is old news on this forum - sort of. However, I am not sure that they actually are availiable on the US market yet? Likely not, based on Spikes comment with his picture.....

We have had some feedback on these, but limited to a few users. I would love to hear his comments (and find out when I can try one!).

Philbert

Where is Jacks heated one(s)? :msp_biggrin:

Yes, both him and Eric are looking for the WH models. :msp_rolleyes: I'm thrilled that we finally got the regular ones.

I don't know if they have any plans to bring them in or not. Got a call into the rep to see if he can shed any light on it.

Yes, both him and Eric are looking for the WH models. :msp_rolleyes: I'm thrilled that we finally got the regular ones.

I don't know if they have any plans to bring them in or not. Got a call into the rep to see if he can shed any light on it.

Sorry, I just had too ask! :D

il9iSFH.jpg

Jt2J9H3.jpg

While we're talking new stuff, I got a chance to play with one of these things a couple weeks ago.

CnUCT9R.jpg

Can't wait till my dealers get the 2260 in. I want one. Are they large or small bar mount?

Can't wait till my dealers get the 2260 in. I want one. Are they large or small bar mount?

2260 is small mount

I'm kinda surprised these saws aren't making a bigger splash on here but I guess they've been out for quite a while, or at least equivalent-performing saws have been.

I was set to get one last winter and they never made it out. Now I'm wondering if I want one again or not.

2260 is small mount

I'm kinda surprised these saws aren't making a bigger splash on here but I guess they've been out for quite a while, or at least equivalent-performing saws have been.

The "splash" has been rather large for a saw that wasn't out in the US yet - and has a sister saw that is. :D

100% on target. And that goes a long way towards maintaining the Craftsman brand's strong market share. With Depot and Lowes, your money is barely in the draw and they're telling you, "If you have a problem, DON'T call us; call the 800 number." Even with the name brand stuff like Husqvarna or Deere.
And for many people the geography may not be too friendly. We also sell Ariens and in the recent snow storm got a call from a guy who bought one from home depot. Lives in a remote place over an hour away on mostly back roads. (when they're dry.) Told him we'd work on it if he brought it in, but we simply don't go to his town period. He wasn't expecting that, but the simplicity that's implied with "just call the 800 number" doesn't always mesh with reality.

I just bought a 2238- 14" bar from my local TSC because I needed a small saw for all the bushes I've been taking out for folks and the MS 290 was just getting too heavy for that kind of work and I couldn't afford to spend Stihl kind of money on a small saw at this time. I used the little guy for about an hour and a half off and on, put it back in the truck bed and when I pulled it out to make another cut I noticed a pool of bar oil in my bedliner. O.K., no big deal really, just keep an eye on the oil level until the job was done. Anyways, I called the 800 # (the ONLY #) in the operator's book when I got home and the nice lady (at least she was American) I talked to had never heard of Jonsered chain saws! She asked me if I had dialed the correct number. DOH! I called my TSC and explained the issue to them and they called the same 800# I did. TSC called me back to tell me they got the same result at first that I did but they asked for a supervisor who was able to connect them to someone who knew what they were talking about. Long story short, I have to take the saw back to TSC and they will send it to their warranty shop across the county to get it taken care of and I SHOULD have it back in about a week.

Thankfully I don't need this saw everday and I do still have my Stihl to use but I would think if Husky is serious about establishing Jonsered here the quality control should be much better. Husky is selling 20" bar Poulan Pros at TSC as well. I won't bad mouth those as I did have one from TSC about 7 years ago and it did almost everything I needed it to do and I abused the heck out of that saw and it kept on going. I did have to use a few redneck fixes on it like replacing the screws that hold the handle to the body with bigger ones because the originals fell out but all in all it was decent, especially for the money.

Latest posts

Back