Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Pace taking over here in Florida, I was able to take on the RedMax line and can mix and match RedMax and J'red. I can even mix and match on a fleet sale with a customer. With Husqvarna chopping a lot of the J'red line (mainly trimmers) bundling RedMax and Jonsered makes sense.

Some random thoughts that are kinda related:

I'd imagine you basically need to have stihl, redmax or husky right now just to have decent access to some decent, professionally capable backpack blowers.

I will be interested to see if they give Jonsered any more blowers than that 50 cc redmax, or significantly expand the trimmer offerings.

As an end user (and maybe this is less relevant for commercial users) but I'd really like to see husky/redmax/jonsered clean up and expand their "maxtreme" product offering and the attachments. To me this is a huge area that they are missing out on. Look on this site and look around how many people have Stihl kombi tools. Once you get them to buy the powerhead they are going to keep buying attachments. I bought a KM-90 with strimmer and the rubber paddle wheel around 2-3 years ago used for a good price. Since then I've bought the articulating hedge trimmer, tiller, and the pole saw, and an extension. Once someone has the power head they are going to keep buying implements for the system. Then once they have the implements if their powerhead goes they're going to get it fixed or buy a new one.

I realize there may be less demand for the kombi in the commercial market and the average lawn guy does enough work with a string trimmer to own one as is (or two or three), but even a lot of commercial "landscapers" who do mainly mowing but added services on the side don't use the tools associated with the added services enough to justify purchasing them with independent powerhead units.

At the end of the day I'm pleased with every last one of the stihl attachments I have purchased but am not really loyal to stihl and if husqvarna/jonsered/redmax had the same extent of offerings at the same or a slightly lesser price I would definitely give it a hard look...The majority of them have been over priced and it's tough to find a kombi package used with a lot of the attachments and the attachments seldom come up for sale on their own...

Some random thoughts that are kinda related:

I'd imagine you basically need to have stihl, redmax or husky right now just to have decent access to some decent, professionally capable backpack blowers.

I will be interested to see if they give Jonsered any more blowers than that 50 cc redmax, or significantly expand the trimmer offerings.

As an end user (and maybe this is less relevant for commercial users) but I'd really like to see husky/redmax/jonsered clean up and expand their "maxtreme" product offering and the attachments. To me this is a huge area that they are missing out on. Look on this site and look around how many people have Stihl kombi tools. Once you get them to buy the powerhead they are going to keep buying attachments. I bought a KM-90 with strimmer and the rubber paddle wheel around 2-3 years ago used for a good price. Since then I've bought the articulating hedge trimmer, tiller, and the pole saw, and an extension. Once someone has the power head they are going to keep buying implements for the system. Then once they have the implements if their powerhead goes they're going to get it fixed or buy a new one.

I realize there may be less demand for the kombi in the commercial market and the average lawn guy does enough work with a string trimmer to own one as is (or two or three), but even a lot of commercial "landscapers" who do mainly mowing but added services on the side don't use the tools associated with the added services enough to justify purchasing them with independent powerhead units.

At the end of the day I'm pleased with every last one of the stihl attachments I have purchased but am not really loyal to stihl and if husqvarna/jonsered/redmax had the same extent of offerings at the same or a slightly lesser price I would definitely give it a hard look...The majority of them have been over priced and it's tough to find a kombi package used with a lot of the attachments and the attachments seldom come up for sale on their own...

I don't think Jonsered is going to get any more in the trimmer or blower line. However, my rep is getting other RedMax dealers to take on the Jonsered line so they can pick up the GC2128C combi unit. It's much cheaper than the Maxtreme unit. MSRP $219.95 for GC2128C compared to $329.99 and 28cc to 23.6cc. I use the 2128 and it is a beast. Very strong with any of the attachments. I use the edger, trimmer, pole saw and hedge trimmer. I also rent it and I won't rent junk. With the new trimmed down J'red line, having the large blower and trimmer line up of RedMax makes a powerful combo. J'red as primarily chainsaw and RedMax the lawncare.

At least 8. I'm open til six, so I'm looking to hit a dozen before I close. That will put me over 30 of them for the week. :msp_w00t: Boy, they sure were worth the wait, weren't they!

I'm up to 7, might hit 10 by end of business tomorrow. These things are selling like hotcakes,
completely worth the wait. :msp_biggrin:

Everything around here in .325 or 3/8 was .058, Husky or Jred.
I already have my 2260 bar and it's in 3/8" .058"....................

attachment.php

Well, while I'm waiting I just unloaded a pallet of RedMax stuff. No chainsaws, just blowers, trimmers and stuff. About 90o and 90% when the truck pulled up at 4pm.

Product is starting to roll in now. Got 2255's and 2188's last week. Only thing I'm waiting for, (anxiously!), are the 2253 and 2260.

Back