Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you dealers have any estimates on ship dates from your respective distributors??

Didn't see this turning into a half a year + deal.

Haven't made it to a TSC yet.

See the Jred Bar and chain oil comes in a solid red bottle now.

Are the fluids likely to be Husky fluids with different labels???

Do you dealers have any estimates on ship dates from your respective distributors??

Didn't see this turning into a half a year + deal.

Haven't made it to a TSC yet.

See the Jred Bar and chain oil comes in a solid red bottle now.

Are the fluids likely to be Husky fluids with different labels???

Looking at inventory they have some 2238, 2240, 2245, 2255, 2166, 2172 Wrap in stock
mostly PHO right now.

I am told mid June . but I'm not holding my breathe at this point.

Same here but I also heard the first half of may, and we'll have them before they arrive in TSC
store also. So I'm just hoping to get a 2260 before my birthday November 30th.

Jonsered saws should be available by Wednesday May 28th ............................2014

Last edited:
Anecdotal evidence on the internet supports the idea that dropping Tilton was good for Jonsered. It appears that there are in fact more Jonsered DEALERS being signed up that have the capacity to support the brand. Is it just me or are others seeing it too? We have 2 maybe 3 new JRed dealers posting in this thread.

Just heard, I'm the newest RedMax dealer and my order is shipping today but no firmer date on J'red delivery. Still talking mid to late June. Got so much red (J'red, RedMax, Efco) I needed some contrast so I took on Dixon.

Anecdotal evidence on the internet supports the idea that dropping Tilton was good for Jonsered. It appears that there are in fact more Jonsered DEALERS being signed up that have the capacity to support the brand. Is it just me or are others seeing it too? We have 2 maybe 3 new JRed dealers posting in this thread.

The numbers surely are growing - soon The Cutting Edge guys will announce they have taken on Jonsered as well...:msp_biggrin:

The numbers surely are growing - soon The Cutting Edge guys will announce they have taken on Jonsered as well...:msp_biggrin:

Was going to but they took our rep away when they realigned territories.:msp_rolleyes:

I think so, Tilton said they were uninterested in signing us up when I spoke
them 1-2 years ago. Since "they have 1 dealer in the county and didn't want to sign up any more
to cut in on his sales area"

So when Jonsered switched to in our area Steve Willand Equipment, I sent them an inquiry
about the line and about a month and half later I'm now a Jonsered dealer. I think Willand
is more on the ball, than Tilton and willing to do the leg work to expand the brand.

For us the allow us to sell some more saws, and compliment the Stihl line filling in where they
have weaknesses. And it allows me to buy OEM Husqvarna service and repair parts without taking
on their entire line.

Last edited:
With Pace taking over here in Florida, I was able to take on the RedMax line and can mix and match RedMax and J'red. I can even mix and match on a fleet sale with a customer. With Husqvarna chopping a lot of the J'red line (mainly trimmers) bundling RedMax and Jonsered makes sense.

I think so, Tilton said they were uninterested in signing us up when I spoke
them 1-2 years ago. Since "they have 1 dealer in the county and didn't want to sign up any more
to cut in on his sales area"

So when Jonsered switched to in our area Steve Willand Equipment, I sent them an inquiry
about the line and about a month and half later I'm now a Jonsered dealer. I think Willand
is more on the ball, than Tilton and willing to do the leg work to expand the brand.

For us the allow us to sell some more saws, and compliment the Stihl line filling in where they
have weaknesses. And it allows me to buy OEM Husqvarna service and repair parts without taking
on their entire line.

I like your way of thinking! :msp_thumbup:

Back