Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then you know what a Cracker really is! Me, I'm full blooded hillbilly. Folks from Virginia and Kentucky, right across the border from one another.

Then you know what a Cracker really is! Me, I'm full blooded hillbilly. Folks from Virginia and Kentucky, right across the border from one another.

Granddad arrived in Wauchula in 1917, not an original Cracker tho.. Used to drive thru Ocala, come in on 301, then take 27 to Haines City, then 17.....back before 95/75/4 were finished. Ocala was full of gift shops/tourist traps.

Small world. My grandparents lived in Wise. Used to spend summers up there in my youth. Dad's from Pound. Mom was from Whitesburg, KY.

No More Jonsered Dealer,,,

The Amish guy who has carried Jonsered chainsaws for years and years will no longer carry them. :mad:

The shelves are full of "Pro-sumer" and XP model Husqvarna saws.

Herr Schmidt says his shop will still service the Jonsereds. I didn't get around to talking with him about warranty work on the TSC purchased Jonsereds.

I have never really shopped at the TSC stores around here, and I really don't think I would buy a chainsaw from them.
TSC wanted more than 30 dollars over the price of Rural King on stainless stove pipe from the same manufacturer.

Looks like I will be buying an orange xp when next I need a chainsaw,,,sad times,,sad times indeed,,,:msp_sad:

Stopped at the local TSC and they have the 2238-2255 in stock, the same saws they had in orange.

They have "Jonsered" branded Oregon Vanguard chain for 27.99$ for a 72 dl loop.

So as I suspected nothing has changed except the color of the saws they stock.

Our local TSC had very few saws on the shelf (common problem with TSC) but they did have a 2166 for $699. Prices are pretty dang high for just about everything Jonsered there. Having worked for TSC for 5 years, I am sure they will not do the Jonsered brand any justice. They are poorly displayed and promoted and usually have clutter around all the seasonal items.

Our local TSC had very few saws on the shelf (common problem with TSC) but they did have a 2166 for $699. Prices are pretty dang high for just about everything Jonsered there. Having worked for TSC for 5 years, I am sure they will not do the Jonsered brand any justice. They are poorly displayed and promoted and usually have clutter around all the seasonal items.

But, TSC has the best OPE belt/blade setup I've seen..
Stoopid question: Do the J-Red dealers have to do warranty service on the TSC/box store sold OPE, like John Deere dealers have to do on their stuff?

But, TSC has the best OPE belt/blade setup I've seen..
Stoopid question: Do the J-Red dealers have to do warranty service on the TSC/box store sold OPE, like John Deere dealers have to do on their stuff?

I haven't dealt with Jonsereds system yet, but as long as you get paid I don't mind doing warranty on stuff sold in box stores.
Most things are pretty cut and dry weather it's a defect or use and abuse and can be diagnosed without much hassle.
Takes 5 minutes to fill out and submit warranty info online, and usually get paid for work in 3-5 days.
I don't see what the big deal is about doing their warranty work, as long as the servicing dealer gets paid well for it.

Some new info about the BIG ORANGE MOTHERSHIP

I talked at length with a Husky corporate guy at a local trade show about Jred and where Husky was going with it. It turns out that former head honcho at Husky Mike Jones was doing some backroom dealing with Lowes before he went to work for them. Late in the summer of '12 when TSC was to book their order for '13 they were told no more Husky for you. They came back to the table with a $9,000,00 order to try to sway Jones into letting them keep Husky. He says the decision has been made but you can have Jonsered. TSC gives a $9,000,000 order and has it turned away. Just as a sidebar, Tilton's yearly orders for 2012 were only $3,000,000. TSC's order may have been $90,000,000 I cant remember. Mike Jones also shut the door on Sears and a few other big box brands (hence no more husky built craftsman tractors), setting up his new job to be the exclusive Husky retailer at Lowes.
The 9 or 90 million dollar order vs. the 3 million from Tilton gives you an idea what kind of money TSC can infuse into the Jred brand if they want to.

I talked at length with a Husky corporate guy at a local trade show about Jred and where Husky was going with it. It turns out that former head honcho at Husky Mike Jones was doing some backroom dealing with Lowes before he went to work for them. Late in the summer of '12 when TSC was to book their order for '13 they were told no more Husky for you. They came back to the table with a $9,000,00 order to try to sway Jones into letting them keep Husky. He says the decision has been made but you can have Jonsered. TSC gives a $9,000,000 order and has it turned away. Just as a sidebar, Tilton's yearly orders for 2012 were only $3,000,000. TSC's order may have been $90,000,000 I cant remember. Mike Jones also shut the door on Sears and a few other big box brands (hence no more husky built craftsman tractors), setting up his new job to be the exclusive Husky retailer at Lowes.
The 9 or 90 million dollar order vs. the 3 million from Tilton gives you an idea what kind of money TSC can infuse into the Jred brand if they want to.

I imagine TSC order was $90,000,000 if you count all the various Poulan, Poulan Pro and Husqvarna branded items.
And $3,000,000 seems about right for Tilton's sales with Jonsered, if you say 300$ price tag/ 3,000,000$ you get
10,000 units and that seems ballpark.

I haven't dealt with Jonsereds system yet, but as long as you get paid I don't mind doing warranty on stuff sold in box stores.
Most things are pretty cut and dry weather it's a defect or use and abuse and can be diagnosed without much hassle.
Takes 5 minutes to fill out and submit warranty info online, and usually get paid for work in 3-5 days.
I don't see what the big deal is about doing their warranty work, as long as the servicing dealer gets paid well for it.

Well, the JD dealers would rather make the big $$ working on the units they sell, vs. box-store POS, but at the end of the day it's $$ that count. Just like if I were a Trane HVAC "dealer", and I had to service your Home Despot-bought unit....made in the old country. Trane does not mfr. any equipment themselves under 25 ton capacity.

Got 20, 2260's and 25, 2253's in today they're very nice saws.

It's April fools day right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back