Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Tiltons contract (distribution rights?) is out, and Husky is reorganising Jonsered distribution accordingly?

This is just a thought, I don't really know anything about it.

One negative result of it could be that the time of Jonsered branded Tsumura bars may be at an end....

I tried being a Jonsered dealer in the early nineties, and became a "Tilton" dealer then.

It was obvious back then that the brand was going nowhere, how this silly setup endured after the other corporation's buyouts, I'll never know.

I always tried to talk to reps at the Expo, but they don't listen to anyone below the dist. sector.....

Spike 60-Any insight on this?

Well..............................kinda sorta. I pretty much know the whole deal here, but not necessarily the timetable. So, most I can say is "stay tuned". There is a story here, but I can't be the guy to break it. And, things could always change. Once the cat is out of the bag I'll share what I know. Suffice to say that IMO all is good, and will get better for us Jonny fans. I'd rather not have this thread take on a life of it's own and generate a lot of inaccurate conclusions.

What I will share is this: Today, I ordered some 2255 parts from "another source". That wasn't possible a short time ago. I also found product codes and pricing for the 2258. (2260 wasn't there yet). There's obviously a lot to be read between the lines there, but like I said, stay tuned.
:msp_smile:

Bound to be someplace else able to do a better job. I have seen a grand total of one jonsered in my life, and that was in the 70s (it ran OK, but I dont recall the model, was a friends saw.)

Well..............................kinda sorta. I pretty much know the whole deal here, but not necessarily the timetable. So, most I can say is "stay tuned". There is a story here, but I can't be the guy to break it. And, things could always change. Once the cat is out of the bag I'll share what I know. Suffice to say that IMO all is good, and will get better for us Jonny fans. I'd rather not have this thread take on a life of it's own and generate a lot of inaccurate conclusions.

What I will share is this: Today, I ordered some 2255 parts from "another source". That wasn't possible a short time ago. I also found product codes and pricing for the 2258. (2260 wasn't there yet). There's obviously a lot to be read between the lines there, but like I said, stay tuned.
:msp_smile:

sounds like husky is be taking over the distribution of the red saws to me. now it might not be impossible for east coast dealers to order up some wrap model red saws.

likely they'll go the way they did in Australia, cant buy Jreds of the shelf anywhere anymore, there's no Jred dealers there all turned full blown Husky dealers Now. been that way for years now, might find old stock for sale somewhere on the Back shelf, unlikely tho in OZ. you can still get parts threw a Husky dealer, but there closed down the sale of Jreds saws In Australia . http://www.jonsered.com/au/

Last edited:
The Tilton Equipment website no longer lists Jonsered as one of it's product lines.
I don't know if it means anything, just an observation.

I don't think I was too far off, when I suggested that Tilton's distribution rights may have come to an end.

My guess is that Husky is taking over themselves, and likely will do a better job in the future than Tilton did.....:msp_smile:

sounds like husky is be taking over the distribution of the red saws to me. now it might not be impossible for east coast dealers to order up some wrap model red saws.

Wrap handle (with or without heating) is in the 2260 IPL.....:D

Latest posts

Back