Video: How to tune a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Brad. It was worth the dial-up download wait. :)

Kevin

Great job as always Brad!!

It might cut back on the how do i tune my saw threads by a few %..LOL
Video is better then my words could describe how it should sound.

Does Stihl offer special hardened screws that you use Brad. Or do you just replace them often? :monkey:

Great video and explanation as always Brad. Quick question though. Did you trim the tabs off the limiters, then re-install on this saw?

Great video and explanation as always Brad. Quick question though. Did you trim the tabs off the limiters, then re-install on this saw?

I don't own a saw with the tabs still on the limiter caps. They get clipped immediately.

No video tonight. I had to install a mulching kit on my mower so that I can get my leaves taken care of.

The video was A-1! Can't wait for the full feature! Good job Brad!:rockn::rock:

Now let me just say I know a lot of cocky, arrogant people and none of them would be as helpfull as you are my friend!

Brad would you recommend running a new saw for the first time(first tank of fuel) set up the way your saw cut in the very first cut in your video?

This is my first post so let me start by saying what a great forum this is!! Also, great video.

I understand why you set up a saw so that it is fourstroking at WOT but can someone explain what is actually going on in the engine that is causing it to 'warble'? I'm new to chainsaw--thanks.

I have spent a lot of time here, that is the first time that I have actually heard the 4 stroke and the resolution!

Thanks for sharing and taking the time on this, a lot of stuff just made sense to my pea brain.

Good explanation and good video for picking up the sound difference. Now I just have to forward it to the tossers who sold me my new saw.

Back