• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vintage Mcculloch 10-10S. NEW in original box.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hella sweet saw, I didn't think they still existed brand new like that. If you got a NIB SP 80/1 you'd have my money.

never sold one without the power head, you should be able to ship both in the same box, factory box inside another box bar and chain in the same box as the factory box with the power head

and chance having the box cut open by the bar like a tin can but from the inside? no thanks.
so lets say it cost $65 for the powerhead shipped with insurance. (insurance fee just might be significantly higher depending on the sale price, but we can disregard that for now.)

so that leaves us $35.
Will $35 cover 2 boxes, packing peanuts+supplies, shipping AND insurance for the bar? Probably not. so that leaves me in the red, no?
(now you can add in that extra insurance i was talking about in the first paragraph, which would definitely put me in the red, would it not?)

im all for hearing your logic but you seem to be comparing a literal one of a kind unicorn with an easily replaceable, still mass-produced stihl 311.
ball is in your court buddy. still waiting for you to come out with what you think is "BS" about it because i have yet to see it.

I don't understand the problem, if he wants to charge 100 for the shipping he's free to do so, at least he's advertising it.
To me if I was looking to buy it(which I'm not, but it is a cool piece) I would calculate that into the cost of buying it and would already have a set amount I was willing to spend on it before hand and my top bid would be made a few dollars shy of that amount, then a final bid just before if I was outbid at my max and I'd be done.
Ive shipped 50cc saws(modern) that cost me just under $60 both to Nevada and southern Florida multiple times with minimal insurance, and then shipped 70cc saws with bars to NW Washington for 50-55 within the same couple month time period. There are certain areas of the country that they charge more.
I've gotten saws pho and with the bar in the factory box, I'm very surprised they made it in and without damage, I don't ship that way as anyone I've sold to will tell you. If I bought this saw I would expect it to be very well packaged and would express that to the seller, if any piece of the item being shipped is in contact with the box any insurance is voided is what I've been told.
Maybe if your nice and ask you can mail him a shipping label for it if you win the saw.

40oz welcome to AS, glad to have you aboard, hope you bring plenty more cool saws to us, and hope you decided to hang out a bit outside of that.
Brett

Thanks for the warm welcome my dude! :cheers:

My general thoughts on shipping -

-Lots of folks (myself included) get their knickers in a bunch if it looks like the seller is trying to make $ on shipping costs.

-And on the flip side, lots of folks (myself included) get their panties in a wad if the seller does a sh*tty job in packaging something, doesn't add insurance, etc. Especially on a high dollar item.

And while y'all didn't ask, my thoughts on this deal. The seller sounds like he is doing the right thing by shipping this in two boxes, packaging carefully, and insuring it for full value. If he sells the saw to someone on the east coast, he'll probably have to come out of pocket. Not cool for the seller.

But if he sells it to someone who lives up the road in LA (Los Angeles, not Lower Alabammy), then it might only cost him $50 or $60 to ship it there. Not cool for the buyer.

What I try to do in situations like this -- "shipping costs are $100 to Continental U.S. addresses. If it's more, I pay for it. If it's less, I'll refund the difference."

My general thoughts on shipping -

-Lots of folks (myself included) get their knickers in a bunch if it looks like the seller is trying to make $ on shipping costs.

-And on the flip side, lots of folks (myself included) get their panties in a wad if the seller does a sh*tty job in packaging something, doesn't add insurance, etc. Especially on a high dollar item.

And while y'all didn't ask, my thoughts on this deal. The seller sounds like he is doing the right thing by shipping this in two boxes, packaging carefully, and insuring it for full value. If he sells the saw to someone on the east coast, he'll probably have to come out of pocket. Not cool for the seller.

But if he sells it to someone who lives up the road in LA (Los Angeles, not Lower Alabammy), then it might only cost him $50 or $60 to ship it there. Not cool for the buyer.

What I try to do in situations like this -- "shipping costs are $100 to Continental U.S. addresses. If it's more, I pay for it. If it's less, I'll refund the difference."

thanks for your take, i agree.
nothing puts me off faster than an unreasonable shipping rate.
I think i've conveyed to the potential buyer that im going above & beyond for packaging & shipping to protect the value of the piece in its entirety,
so im sure they don't care if they potentially end up paying slightly more on shipping knowing they're going to get their piece without any damage, especially *these* kind of collectors.
and you're right, i do go above and beyond in this department, not only for the seller but for myself, i do all that i can do on my end to ensure a smooth & successful transaction, even if that leaves ME potentially in the red.

we'll know when the dust settles. and ill be sure to post the results here. would love to see the griper eat his hat. ;)

Back