What’s your favorite mid sized saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sound as tenacious as I do when it comes to mid-sized saws. There are so many of them in addition to the small ones. I just completed restoring my fourth Homie in two weeks. The carbs were all good. A couple only needed a good cleanup and new fuel lines. One needed a new ignition module and another needed a sprocket. The new replacement IMs are slightly different, so some wiring and connectors got involved. Regardless, they all run now. I think Homies never were designed for their owners to work on them and many small engine shops no longer go near them.
I hope I have enough duck bill valves to finish all of them...Of course the 330s will need an intake boot and strengthened engine av mounts, may even make solid mounts for one of them, see how that works..

I consider mid sized around 4CI/60-70cc. Have to say I like a bunch of saws in that range by Husky, Stihl, Jonsered, Dolmar, Echo and others. A 266XP would be a favorite if I could find one!

Back