Worldwide Construction Equipment got me for $9600.00!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A woman's wisdom is all too often underrated. This is some good solid objective clarification on more than a few points from an apparent cool head.

That is certainly welcome here, even if it does come from 'Bob's better half.' It more than buys you a credible position in the matter.

I realize to some I'm perhaps a 'disinterested party,' however I assure you all I'm quite interested. I'm interested in assisting in the peaceful and professional resolution of this matter. It affects our industry, it affects livelihoods. Why should I be a passive observer if I have something of value to add?

This is a public forum, though we are all here by privilege.

IMHO, it's really beyond who made what mistake. It is apparent that many mistakes where made on many sides. We are all human.

So then it follows that it is not the mistakes alone, but just how we go about solving them that matters.

If both sides can agree to no more instigation, no more tit for tat, and instead start giving to one another what is needful for a solid resolution, then I believe this is time well spent.

For starters, some open and honest apologies would work miracles from both sides for both sides.

There are two clear paths here: Fuss and fight and continue to corrode the matter, or work together to resolve.

Both sides have lost somewhat here. Whether or not final resolution can be considered successful shouldn't be a battle wherein we see who loses the least from here vs. who loses the most, rather that further lose is minimized proportionally for both sides through cooperation.

I realize that the matter is complex, and some trust has been lost. Some must be recovered in order to press on.

I also understand that $2600 has been refunded already. That is a fine point of departure. TTM has agreed to make the voyage to see what ADI will do.

Excellent. Let's everyone stop the bashing and continue in this vein of encouragement. Both sides need it.

I for one am going to take Mrs. Tressler's suggestion. I have one more thing left to do for the matter and then I'm going to go stoke up my stove and sharpen chains...or something.

I would First off like to offer my sincere and honest apologies to this forum for ever letting it get this far.

Second like to offer my sincere and honest apologies, TO TONY KEMP OF KEMP TREE SERVICE for failing to provide a quality piece of equipment he entrusted me to get for him. If
Tony takes this lift to Houston I will PAY (WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC.) for his TIME and FUEL, (YES THIS IS TRUE AND IN WRITING YOU ARE ALL ARE MY WITNESS TO THIS GESTURE) And for my terroristic threat of coming to TEXAS and shoving the lift in question up his ass sideways, I believe that should cover it again my sincere apologies.

*Somebody in this forum had asked that question and I agreed to it. Makes all the sense in the world. I believe it would also be the right thing to do for Kemp Tree Service.

I realize to some I'm perhaps a 'disinterested party,' however I assure you all I'm quite interested. I'm interested in assisting in the peaceful and professional resolution of this matter. It affects our industry, it affects livelihoods. Why should I be a passive observer if I have something of value to add?

+1 Bigus... By disinterested, I am referring to those, not party to the transaction, yet assuming an aggressive stance in a disagreement in which they were ill informed. Your attempts at making peace and bringing things to a productive end are not what I was referring to.

IMHO, it's really beyond who made what mistake. It is apparent that many mistakes where made on many sides. We are all human.

So then it follows that it is not the mistakes alone, but just how we go about solving them that matters.

+1+1+1... The sign of a MATURE human is one who can resolve conflict without allowing it to cause larger damage than the original issue.

There are two clear paths here: Fuss and fight and continue to corrode the matter, or work together to resolve.

WELL said!!!

Excellent. Let's everyone stop the bashing and continue in this vein of encouragement. Both sides need it.

Again... a voice of reason... Thanks Bigus. Some of my faith in the professionalism has been restored.

I can't believe this has gotten to this level and this many posts. :dizzy:
Attacking a guy for personal issues in court? Come on. Why does this seem, as Btressler put it, a way to get back at the dealer, bash him and then refuse to give back the equipment and the deal a chance? From what I have seen, Btressler is doing the right thing and is not only going to get TTM his money back but is also going to pay for his time and fuel to deliver it to Houston. I wish I had that deal everytime I had to take a piece of warrentied equipment back to the dealer! I don't get paid for travel or fuel. Get the machine back to Houston and be done with it. It's not helping anyone to prolong the issue and in court, nobody wins but the lawyers. Getting it done allows Btressler to go after Ed miller who then can go after whoever he bought it from if they decide to go that route and in the meanwhile, TTM can go buy another piece of equipment to do his work in this "busy season". Pissin' and moaning in here isn't doing anyone any good. :cheers:

Well without knowing you I sure wouldn't bye from you. "site unseen" But I do agree there are good, and trusting people out there and you may be one of the. and with your comment I hope you are.:cheers:

By the way, it's buy, not bye.

Maybe I should add that to my signature. lol

By the way, it's buy, not bye.

Maybe I should add that to my signature. lol

Sorry for not spelling the word Rite butt nugget, I did not realize this is the correct spelling forum. I always thought it was a forum for people whom worked in the tree industry, or had an interest in chainsaws and such.

Sorry for not spelling the word Rite butt nugget, I did not realize this is the correct spelling forum.

Every forum is the correct spelling forum.

I always thought it was a forum for people whom worked in the tree industry, or had an interest in chainsaws and such.

:confused: Hmmmm. Sounds like you are saying that "people whom (sic) worked in the tree industry, or had an interest in chainsaws and such" are a bunch of ignorant, unintelligent hicks, who aren't interested in learning and can't be expected to spell correctly. Is that what you're saying?

"Fools despise wisdom and instruction."

"Whoever ignores instruction despises himself,
but he who listens to reproof gains intelligence."

Some helpful hints from the book of Proverbs....

Some people revel in there ignorance, some wish to learn something new every day.

I consider myself to be in the latter group, because I am aware of my ignorance and wish to remedy it in any way possible.

Etiology fascinates me, grammar confuses me, spelling escapes me. Thank God for spellcheck!

Some people revel in there ignorance, some wish to learn something new every day.

I consider myself to be in the latter group, because I am aware of my ignorance and wish to remedy it in any way possible.

Well said, JP. :clap:

Since none of us knows everything, we are all ignorant, just in different areas.

The difference is in our attitude toward learning.

Last edited:
Update Spoke with Ed Miller this morning he WILL come and see this BLOG POSTING today very busy this morning. As I stated MR Kemp will receive his refund upon receipt of the equipment in Houston, Mr. Miller also has spoken to Eric with ADI, This morning. They will write Mr. Kemp a check on the SPOT for the equipment in question. Any difference will be made up by MILLERS EQUIPMENT. I have also asked for verification of the SERIAL NUMBER and PHOTO'S of the lift in question. The mileage to Houston from Mr. Kemp's Home is 409 Mile per Map Quest, running down and back is 818 at 10 miles to the gallon would be 82 gallons of fuel, using this site to get my pricing for fuel http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp I will give the benefit of the doubt and pay Mr. Kemp $4.25 a gallon $348.50 fuel allowance.

Next wages @ $35.00 an hour 1.)Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 35 minutes let’s call it 7 hours each way You will stop at least twice each being 15 mins $490.00 in wages for a total of $838.50 to return the lift to Houston. This is what WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC WILL PAY Mr. Kemp for the service. If Kemp Tree Service would send me an invoice I will Wire transfer this amount or overnight a company check his choice.

Last edited:
Update Spoke with Ed Miller this morning he WILL come and see this BLOG POSTING today very busy this morning. As I stated MR Kemp will receive his refund upon receipt of the equipment in Houston, Mr. Miller also has spoken to Eric with ADI, This morning. They will write Mr. Kemp a check on the SPOT for the equipment in question. Any difference will be made up by MILLERS EQUIPMENT. I have also asked for verification of the SERIAL NUMBER and PHOTO'S of the lift in question. The mileage to Houston from Mr. Kemp's Home is 409 Mile per Map Quest, running down and back is 818 at 10 miles to the gallon would be 82 gallons of fuel, using this site to get my pricing for fuel http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp I will give the benefit of the doubt and pay Mr. Kemp $4.25 a gallon $348.50 fuel allowance.

Next wages @ $35.00 an hour 1.)Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 35 minutes let’s call it 7 hours each way You will stop at least twice each being 15 mins $490.00 in wages for a total of $838.50 to return the lift to Houston. This is what WORLDWIDE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT, INC WILL PAY Mr. Kemp for the service. If Kemp Tree Service would send me an invoice I will Wire transfer this amount or overnight a company check his choice.

Hmmm............That about sums this thread up.

See, Mr Tessler, Those would have been the first words out of my mouth to pacify a customer and I would have meant it too. Now go find the mnfer who screwed you and put the hammer down, let us know if we can help.

An UPDATE FROM ERIC

Bob,

No problem. If the serial number is correct, than it is a 1997 year model. I was told the outrigger switch doesn't work, there is no charger, and the lift cylinder is rusted up pretty good. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Eric

Bob Tressler wrote:

Thank you for your patience regarding Kemp Tree Service. I was told by Tony he will be bringing this lift back to your location as soon as I know when I will let you know. If not me Ed Miller (Millers Equipment)
Next I would like to ask for a favor if you would do me the favor of letting me know what is the problem with the equipment, also the correct serial number of this unit. I was told it is 1997 Ameriquip 2-45, Serial Number 28959. A full set of pictures of the equipment. Also maybe an estimate to do all the repairs to the unit to have it up and running. I can be reached at 866-489-6753. Should you have any questions.

I have seen enough to wish I was ignorant. I really wish I was, it would be so much easier.

Well, I've seen things I wish I hadn't,
done things I wish I didn't,
said things I know I oughtn't,
but am pretty happy with the man i am today
from the lessons those actions have taught me.

E-mail sent to Mr, Kemp.

Mr. Kemp,
I called Sunday left message for you to call me this morning (Monday 4/14/2008). My question are; When are you going to take the unit in question to Houston? Also about fees for your time and fuel. (See posting) for that. @ Arboristsite.com , I will need an invoice, as well as the payment type your requesting. Let me know ASAP! So we can arrange with Eric. Ed Miller and I have e-mail or have spoken to Eric today. (See Posting) @ Arboristsite.com. My attorney has called me and has asked for your attorney’s name and phone number please advise with this information again ASAP. Thank you for your cooperation regarding these matters.

We have seen

We all have witnessed an apparent disagreement between two parties maybe three! We have also witnessed the blamed individual come forth,and accept responsibility and try and take care of the customer. Please Please drop this thread. It may seem interesting to some but is none of any of our business and has obviously been an embarrasment for some people. Give em the benefit of the doubt and lets just let em handle it guys. Hell, i think i'll go stoke some oak logs and scarf down some bbq pork. Yall have a goodun!!!:givebeer: :cheers:

Well, I've seen things I wish I hadn't,
done things I wish I didn't,
said things I know I oughtn't,
but am pretty happy with the man i am today
from the lessons those actions have taught me.

Yeah, you're right. ignorant people irritate me but it would be nice to be dumb and someone else foot the bill for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back