"You Suck" Thread 2019--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Score a running Homelite brush cutter for $75.
7f39c680462c20c0c31ff0da2227fd44.jpg
ace866c3634c590877f8fe31e59cd89b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be something on brush! 60cc and parts galore from XL saws.

Let us know how it cuts.

Ok, no pics yet. This may turn into one of the most suckful finds ever. The story is a little long, but worth telling. We have 6-7 guys that meet for lunch at a local brewery every other Sunday. Two of the guys have their pilots license, and took their wives to Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay for the week end. One of the guys lives in Annapolis, about 60 miles away. He said since two guys weren't going to make it, he was going to stay home and chill for the weekend, unless some of us wanted to come down and see what Annapolis had to offer. So, 3 of us rode down to check out what was going on. We went to a pub called Hero's, their theme is police and firefighters. We have a few beers and lunch and take my buddy home. We've been shooting buddy's for 10 years. He's 65 and single and rents an apartment from a guy that is 89 and single. He has several big Ash trees that are dead and hanging over the house. He asked if I could help take them down. I said sure, lets go get a closer look. As we are looking at the trees I see this big yellow thing completely cover in vines, it's an International 4 cylinder gas tractor with front end loader and 3 point hitch. I head over to look at it and I see two big Cherry logs. My friend asked me if I could mill them up a couple years ago and I said sure, but we never followed up. I go over to look at the cherry logs and see 3 big Cedar logs. I said I'd like to mill them too. I'm walking over to look at the Cedar logs and trip on something. I pull the vines away and see two angle iron tracks and ask what are they. He says I don't know they've been here a long time. I follow them over a few feet and there is an angle iron tower maybe shoulder high with a plastic wheel barrow bucket in the middle. I move the bucket and it's a band saw mill. I'm starting to trip out, and every one thinks I'm nuts. I ask if we can go look in the 30'X60' garage. It's full of zero turns, small tractors and all kind of stuff. I asked if there were any chainsaws in there, and he said yes, but we better not go digging without the land lords permission. We start heading back to the house and he points to a pile of vines and says, can you see what's in there? No? It's a model A chassis. I have a Model T engine I always wanted to build a 40's hot rod out of. Crap, I'm starting to go nuts with sensory overload. We get back to the tractor and he says, did you see the car behind the tractor? NO? I look and have never seen anything like it. I ask what is it? An Iso Rivolta IR300. A WHAT? It's an Italian sports car from the 60's with a Corvette 327 or 427 in it. I'm almost catatonic. My friend took us in to meet his land lord, and told him I was interested in the old tractor. He said he called a guy to come get it for the scrap metal, but scrap was so low he never came. I think I'm gonna get the tractor for a hundred bucks or so, gonna make an offer on the mill. I did a quick search of the Iso and found them in good shape for $80,000 up to restored for $300,000. It's in very poor shape. Doors rusted half way up, fenders and quarters not much better. But, the complete drive train, glass, and chrome are there. It might be of value to some one. I'm still giddy.

Ok, no pics yet. This may turn into one of the most suckful finds ever. The story is a little long, but worth telling. We have 6-7 guys that meet for lunch at a local brewery every other Sunday. Two of the guys have their pilots license, and took their wives to Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay for the week end. One of the guys lives in Annapolis, about 60 miles away. He said since two guys weren't going to make it, he was going to stay home and chill for the weekend, unless some of us wanted to come down and see what Annapolis had to offer. So, 3 of us rode down to check out what was going on. We went to a pub called Hero's, their theme is police and firefighters. We have a few beers and lunch and take my buddy home. We've been shooting buddy's for 10 years. He's 65 and single and rents an apartment from a guy that is 89 and single. He has several big Ash trees that are dead and hanging over the house. He asked if I could help take them down. I said sure, lets go get a closer look. As we are looking at the trees I see this big yellow thing completely cover in vines, it's an International 4 cylinder gas tractor with front end loader and 3 point hitch. I head over to look at it and I see two big Cherry logs. My friend asked me if I could mill them up a couple years ago and I said sure, but we never followed up. I go over to look at the cherry logs and see 3 big Cedar logs. I said I'd like to mill them too. I'm walking over to look at the Cedar logs and trip on something. I pull the vines away and see two angle iron tracks and ask what are they. He says I don't know they've been here a long time. I follow them over a few feet and there is an angle iron tower maybe shoulder high with a plastic wheel barrow bucket in the middle. I move the bucket and it's a band saw mill. I'm starting to trip out, and every one thinks I'm nuts. I ask if we can go look in the 30'X60' garage. It's full of zero turns, small tractors and all kind of stuff. I asked if there were any chainsaws in there, and he said yes, but we better not go digging without the land lords permission. We start heading back to the house and he points to a pile of vines and says, can you see what's in there? No? It's a model A chassis. I have a Model T engine I always wanted to build a 40's hot rod out of. Crap, I'm starting to go nuts with sensory overload. We get back to the tractor and he says, did you see the car behind the tractor? NO? I look and have never seen anything like it. I ask what is it? An Iso Rivolta IR300. A WHAT? It's an Italian sports car from the 60's with a Corvette 327 or 427 in it. I'm almost catatonic. My friend took us in to meet his land lord, and told him I was interested in the old tractor. He said he called a guy to come get it for the scrap metal, but scrap was so low he never came. I think I'm gonna get the tractor for a hundred bucks or so, gonna make an offer on the mill. I did a quick search of the Iso and found them in good shape for $80,000 up to restored for $300,000. It's in very poor shape. Doors rusted half way up, fenders and quarters not much better. But, the complete drive train, glass, and chrome are there. It might be of value to some one. I'm still giddy.
Wow, thats pretty cool :numberone:.

Picked these up today at my uncle's. They were buried in a corner of the saw mill. And the price was free they both need a good cleaning and some small parts.
Nice score.
If you need anything for them let me know, I'm pretty sure I have at least a couple here, no idea whats wrong with them.

Went to Tuesday auction, got this little XL for $12.50, and nine pretty collectable bottles with pictures of tropical birds on them, for $75.View attachment 747635
Joe you must be living just right for a period o time. The 1st tale of stumble into is super sucky enough for the whole year & then off to auction for more.
Thought I'd done well with a couple new 80 spoke H-D wheels for about a third of retail, but that ain't nothing compared with the work you have ahead of you just moving the found treasures

Joe you must be living just right for a period o time. The 1st tale of stumble into is super sucky enough for the whole year & then off to auction for more.
Thought I'd done well with a couple new 80 spoke H-D wheels for about a third of retail, but that ain't nothing compared with the work you have ahead of you just moving the found treasures
It might take a long time with my friends stuff hidden under the vines. His land lord is 89 and in no hurry.

Found this saw today while staying my holiday in France, Nice

This is a 70cc Nauder chainsaw, a variant of the Italian Oleo Mac, dated 1985, watch the inner clutch! Came with a 50 cm bar

Hard to find model, this saw will end up in the collection!

IMG_20190717_180532.jpg

IMG_20190717_180556.jpg IMG_20190717_180543.jpg

I visited my father during 4th of july and he decided to hand me down his pride and joy!
It starts up and wont idle properly, I drained the old gas and started looking up info on this saw.
I believe it just needs a thorough carb cleaning.
I joined this board to learn about these older models and get this old saw screaming again.
XL924.jpg

I visited my father during 4th of july and he decided to hand me down his pride and joy!
It starts up and wont idle properly, I drained the old gas and started looking up info on this saw.
I believe it just needs a thorough carb cleaning.
I joined this board to learn about these older models and get this old saw screaming again.
View attachment 748027
Wow nice looking saw! Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back