"You Suck" Thread 2023"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an actual 2023 pickup that I'm just now posting....and it's another not a saw posting by me but it could be used to haul me around carrying a saw if needed.

It was posted locally for FREE with it "not being started and deck needing to be welded or replaced, comes with new blades and one new tire".... so I didn't need it, want it, or cared to have another project at the time but I called just to see how fast it went. Posted for 12 minutes and I was I guess the first caller. Had a full tank of fresh gas, great battery, and didn't take much to get going. The deck was cracked and bent under and was not put back on correctly so it was lopsided and just wrong. The hood is useless but a new top piece will cost 100 bucks. Kawasaki 17.5 hp mower runs perfect, no noises in the hydro, and cuts well. Its a mid 90's mower but it really is a nice machine....steering is super nice compared to the cheaper mower brands. It was filthy when I got it and I've used it a whole tank to sweep my yard and my dad's property.

View attachment 1146766View attachment 1146767View attachment 1146768View attachment 1146769View attachment 1146770View attachment 1146771
This is the post of the year for me. Great find!

Couple years back I got a sabre mower for free. Was stored inside and rarely used.
Needed new battery, fuel line, starter solenoid, fuel solenoid, and a carb. Gave it an oil change too, after about 400 bucks and a few hours labour, she runs good. 18hp Briggs engine

Owned Stihl saws for years...Have a half dozen of them still today, but had to see what the hype is all about....572XP

The 20% off sale is a plus for the Husqvarna brand, but in my area the Stihl dealer still has the best product knowledge and support. Likely different in other parts of the country.20240220_181220.jpg

Owned Stihl saws for years...Have a half dozen of them still today, but had to see what the hype is all about....572XP

The 20% off sale is a plus for the Husqvarna brand, but in my area the Stihl dealer still has the best product knowledge and support. Likely different in other parts of the country.View attachment 1155449
Congrats on the new 572xp that saw is a dandy

The 20% off sale is a plus for the Husqvarna brand, but in my area the Stihl dealer still has the best product knowledge and support. Likely different in other parts of the country.
I got myself a 572XP a little while ago for $475 and its been solid. Its an earlier model (2018 I think) but cuts like crazy. I currently have a 28" bar with C85 full comp and it doesn't even complain going through big wood.

Received this 330evl from an uncle, at 93 his sawing days are past. Nice shape, runs good and should clean up well. A bit heavier than an ms170, would perform the same tasks.

View attachment 1149558
I have an Echo 305, I think. I bought it for a climbing saw. Had it about 10 years and the rubber block in the handle broke, and that's where my lanyard that clips on my belt was. I took two steps up on a big White Pine and had my ground guy hand it to me. As he stepped back I clipped it to my belt and let the lanyard slide through my fingers and it kept going and stuck in the dirt. I ran up to Ace and they didn't have the rubber block, so I was going to buy another one. I think it was close to $300. Southern States in the same strip mall is a Stihl dealer. I walked down there and the MS170 was on sale for $159. I started by collecting Homelites, because that's what my Dad used in his business. Now I think I have about 20 Echo's. I got a little Echo 285 top handle and it need an air filter. The Ace store said he could have one the next day so I ordered 3. I asked about the rubber block for my old climbing saw and they had it too. I pulled it off the shelf, where it had been for at least 10 years, put the block on, and it started and ran great.

This is an actual 2023 pickup that I'm just now posting....and it's another not a saw posting by me but it could be used to haul me around carrying a saw if needed.

It was posted locally for FREE with it "not being started and deck needing to be welded or replaced, comes with new blades and one new tire".... so I didn't need it, want it, or cared to have another project at the time but I called just to see how fast it went. Posted for 12 minutes and I was I guess the first caller. Had a full tank of fresh gas, great battery, and didn't take much to get going. The deck was cracked and bent under and was not put back on correctly so it was lopsided and just wrong. The hood is useless but a new top piece will cost 100 bucks. Kawasaki 17.5 hp mower runs perfect, no noises in the hydro, and cuts well. Its a mid 90's mower but it really is a nice machine....steering is super nice compared to the cheaper mower brands. It was filthy when I got it and I've used it a whole tank to sweep my yard and my dad's property.

View attachment 1146766View attachment 1146767View attachment 1146768View attachment 1146769View attachment 1146770View attachment 1146771
Man, I had to shell out $50 for a Craftsman dlt3000 in an estate sale. Sat 4-5 yrs after the owner bought a zero turn. New battery, belts and a pulley. Replaces our old Cub Cadet we bought for $100 off a guy who bought...a zero turn. 10yrs of use and just couldn't weld the deck anymore. Still runs strong so we keep it to pull a small wagon and ride around on

IMG_0167.jpegIMG_0166.jpegJust picked up this Pro Mac 700 for free. One of the regulars at the Tap House said he had an old McCulloch he had no use for. I told him it was worth money but he didn’t care.

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back