Your coldest weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What is the coldest you have seen. It's currently -6 F here w/o the windchill. Coldest I can recall was Valentines day 2016 when it hit -18F and around -40 with the windchill. I'm sure compared to many those are average winter days. Still damn cold though.

569bf46dba5505de91d5a104c85fe4c3.jpg
i think I made it into the 100 degree club!

I am not aware of it ever getting below -10F without factoring in windchill. I woke up to -4F this morning. It was sunny and in the low teens with calm winds yesterday. It wasn’t too bad to be working outside. I dragged about a cord of wood from the woodpile to my garage. I’m hoping that will get me through the month but if temperatures stay this way who knows. Normally we see temps in the teens for lows with highs in the mid 30s.

Kind of funny how I was reading on here yesterday about bar rail grinders . Never did a google search or anything else . Now look at the add on my WTForcast app

A couple of years ago, I saw -17 on the way to work. That's the lowest I've seen around here. At that time, there was reports of -30 here in ohio in a couple areas. That was without the windchill.

This morning +3*F
I tell my wife that I'm glad we are still on the plus side of the thermometer and little to no wind
Coldest since I've lived in Louisville was -22*F. IIRC that came on the tail end of nearly 2ft of snow that shut down the city.
Wifey thought I was crazy for (twice) removing snow off the back of the house.
The pre 1900 Shotgun(row) house w/ 1930's kitchen addition was a sketchy build with a low pitch(FLAT) shed dormer.
Later that day she saw news coverage of several roof collapses and then it all made perfect sense.
Our current home is much better in both design and build quality. 1920's Tudor
Sitting close to my little Jotul 602CB and staying nice and warm.

I could use some of that cool weather here. We have had very mild weather at least for the last two months. With the highs at 55 to 65F and the lows coming in at 45F not going to move much wood this year. We have had a few winters at -20F for just a few days. Thnaks

Kind of funny how I was reading on here yesterday about bar rail grinders . Never did a google search or anything else . Now look at the add on my WTForcast app
They are watching and listening to you...

I was riding in my buddy's truck and telling him about buying refurbed power tools . He opened his phone when he got home and it was full of ads with refurbed power tools.

I was at my cabin in the winter of 96'. The nearest "certified" thermometer 15 miles away had -60 f (true temp, no windchill). The two cities to the east of them had colder temps but the certified thermometer broke that night at one city and the other didn't have a certified thermometer but they both noted -64 to -68 on non certified thermometers.

Were up to -1 right now. Last few nights been hovering around -20.

Too cold here -26f the other night -58f with the windchill. Been steady -13 to -22 before wind the past 2 weeks almost. Wood supply has sure taken a hit feeding 2 stoves

It's about 25* here, though with the 30 mph breeze it's a bit chilly. I'd rather have -5* and no wind.

Hasn't been very cold here this winter. Normally get to at least -20* every winter.

coldest temp I've ever witnessed was -41 here in Fergus Falls. that was during the same cold snap that SVK is reffering to in the 90's. I remember the big news on that one. so cold they actually shut down the schools for a day. our furnace never quit running and never caught up and I believe it was 3 days before the water pipes thawed out

Latest posts

Back