Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, I bet you've had some very long conversations with your sister trying to rationalize why she married the guy! Hopefully the saws are still available.

Dan

Jim, I bet you've had some very long conversations with your sister trying to rationalize why she married the guy! Hopefully the saws are still available.

Dan

My sis divorced him 13+ years ago, but then silly me , I went and married his Step-sister 13 years ago. He's the "BIL that won't go away" like a bad penny!
Jim
P.S. Thanks for the signature. lol

Hay Randy, your post count is showing 2100 !!!! This may be your lucky day. If you happen upon a treasure trove of 2100s, please remember all us little folks that love 'em too!

Dan

On my 2100th post I took a picture of a bunch of 2100 saws. When my 3100th post came up I did the same with the 3100G saws. I do not own Dolmars so when I hit 5100 I am not sure what to do.

Bill

If anyone is interested, there is a 550 in Portland, OR for $80 with a 36" bar and a couple of chains.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/grd/1932857526.html

3kf3m13l45Q25W25R4a92aca8eaa3dc631587.jpg

This is sold. I contacted him this morning cause i wanted it...GONE!!!

540 alert!

I just saw a 540 advertised on the San Francisco Bay CL for $150. I already have one and suspect the shipping back to VA would be prohibitive. Someone go get it....

HOMELITE BIG CHAINSAW - $150 (east palo alto)
Date: 2010-09-03, 12:20PM PDT
Reply to: see below

Homelite 540 2.5 Foot Chainsaw runs great. starts right up asking $150 OBO come and get it. If you have any Questions call me at 1-408-469-9049 ask for James

3m73o23l95O05Q45S5a93fad8ac3c0ab81b56.jpg

3n93m93oe5Y25X35S2a930236f27924fc158b.jpg

3nf3k23l55Y65U45S4a93fe8b19d3191b10f3.jpg

Have a chance to grab a Homey 7-29.
Need to know a fair price to put on it.
The guy wants it all in chain. Ya it seems fair, but then I am out chain that I need or will be needing as firewood bucking is coming to full swing in the back.
I wouldn't know were to get parts, it looks complete and is free. While turning it the drive moves, so the belt is intake but how much, I can't answer. Does any one know were to get belts?

Thanks guys!

The guy wants it all in chain. Ya it seems fair, but then I am out chain that I need or will be needing as firewood bucking is coming to full swing in the back.
I wouldn't know were to get parts, it looks complete and is free. While turning it the drive moves, so the belt is intake but how much, I can't answer. Does any one know were to get belts?

Thanks guys!

Hi Matt,

Nice to have a lead on a mighty 7-29!!!!! Good luck with it! Regarding the belts - Homelite part No. 73216. I think a few of the Homelite guys on here (cbfarmall in particular) may be able to chime in here as I believe a few NOS belts were picked up recently.

Our friends from HOH dug out a Gates part No. for a belt which will do the job: Gates 1632V210.

I cannot credit as to if this particular belt works, but it came from a member over there so I have to throw caution to the wind and believe! A Homelite fan would never stretch the truth.....

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks guys!

Thats a nice find, As far as value,
Hard to say without seeing pic's.
If it's in nice shape and will run
with minimal work it could be worth
a couple hundred. I have seen some
seel for less and more.

If you don't want it, send it my way.

Lee

Did somebody say 7-29??? That day, it was just about the best runner I had.

attachment.php

Regarding the belts, of the 5 NOS I had, I traded 3 away (although one of those deals may fall thru, I don't know) and am going to keep 2 for myself. That said, my 7-29 is still sporting the original belt and I see no reason to change just because. I'm not making my living with the saw.

Here's a thread where Nitroman did some of his own digging around to find a substitute.

Chris B.

Beautiful day so I decided to get the runners out for a group pic. If it didn't start it didn't make the cut lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Did somebody say 7-29??? That day, it was just about the best runner I had.

attachment.php

Regarding the belts, of the 5 NOS I had, I traded 3 away (although one of those deals may fall thru, I don't know) and am going to keep 2 for myself. That said, my 7-29 is still sporting the original belt and I see no reason to change just because. I'm not making my living with the saw.

Here's a thread where Nitroman did some of his own digging around to find a substitute.

Chris B.

Did Homie use the same reduction system as Clinton? At a glance they look the same. If so I have a couple good belts in my parts Clintons.

Back