Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jim, I bet you've had some very long conversations with your sister trying to rationalize why she married the guy! Hopefully the saws are still available.

Dan

chainsawwhisperer

chainsawwhisperer

Futuaris Nisi Irrisus Ridebis
. AS Supporting Member.
Jim, I bet you've had some very long conversations with your sister trying to rationalize why she married the guy! Hopefully the saws are still available.

Dan

My sis divorced him 13+ years ago, but then silly me , I went and married his Step-sister 13 years ago. He's the "BIL that won't go away" like a bad penny!
Jim
P.S. Thanks for the signature. lol

lesorubcheek

lesorubcheek

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hay Randy, your post count is showing 2100 !!!! This may be your lucky day. If you happen upon a treasure trove of 2100s, please remember all us little folks that love 'em too!

Dan

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
On my 2100th post I took a picture of a bunch of 2100 saws. When my 3100th post came up I did the same with the 3100G saws. I do not own Dolmars so when I hit 5100 I am not sure what to do.

Bill

Wildman1024

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
If anyone is interested, there is a 550 in Portland, OR for $80 with a 36" bar and a couple of chains.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/grd/1932857526.html

3kf3m13l45Q25W25R4a92aca8eaa3dc631587.jpg

This is sold. I contacted him this morning cause i wanted it...GONE!!!

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
540 alert!

I just saw a 540 advertised on the San Francisco Bay CL for $150. I already have one and suspect the shipping back to VA would be prohibitive. Someone go get it....

HOMELITE BIG CHAINSAW - $150 (east palo alto)
Date: 2010-09-03, 12:20PM PDT
Reply to: see below

Homelite 540 2.5 Foot Chainsaw runs great. starts right up asking $150 OBO come and get it. If you have any Questions call me at 1-408-469-9049 ask for James

3m73o23l95O05Q45S5a93fad8ac3c0ab81b56.jpg

3n93m93oe5Y25X35S2a930236f27924fc158b.jpg

3nf3k23l55Y65U45S4a93fe8b19d3191b10f3.jpg

Teddy.Scout
T

Teddy.Scout

Have a chance to grab a Homey 7-29.
Need to know a fair price to put on it.
The guy wants it all in chain. Ya it seems fair, but then I am out chain that I need or will be needing as firewood bucking is coming to full swing in the back.
I wouldn't know were to get parts, it looks complete and is free. While turning it the drive moves, so the belt is intake but how much, I can't answer. Does any one know were to get belts?

Thanks guys!

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The guy wants it all in chain. Ya it seems fair, but then I am out chain that I need or will be needing as firewood bucking is coming to full swing in the back.
I wouldn't know were to get parts, it looks complete and is free. While turning it the drive moves, so the belt is intake but how much, I can't answer. Does any one know were to get belts?

Thanks guys!

Hi Matt,

Nice to have a lead on a mighty 7-29!!!!! Good luck with it! Regarding the belts - Homelite part No. 73216. I think a few of the Homelite guys on here (cbfarmall in particular) may be able to chime in here as I believe a few NOS belts were picked up recently.

Our friends from HOH dug out a Gates part No. for a belt which will do the job: Gates 1632V210.

I cannot credit as to if this particular belt works, but it came from a member over there so I have to throw caution to the wind and believe! A Homelite fan would never stretch the truth.....

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris.

leeha

leeha

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

Thanks guys!

Thats a nice find, As far as value,
Hard to say without seeing pic's.
If it's in nice shape and will run
with minimal work it could be worth
a couple hundred. I have seen some
seel for less and more.

If you don't want it, send it my way.

Lee

cbfarmall

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Did somebody say 7-29??? That day, it was just about the best runner I had.

attachment.php

Regarding the belts, of the 5 NOS I had, I traded 3 away (although one of those deals may fall thru, I don't know) and am going to keep 2 for myself. That said, my 7-29 is still sporting the original belt and I see no reason to change just because. I'm not making my living with the saw.

Here's a thread where Nitroman did some of his own digging around to find a substitute.

Chris B.

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Beautiful day so I decided to get the runners out for a group pic. If it didn't start it didn't make the cut lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Did somebody say 7-29??? That day, it was just about the best runner I had.

attachment.php

Regarding the belts, of the 5 NOS I had, I traded 3 away (although one of those deals may fall thru, I don't know) and am going to keep 2 for myself. That said, my 7-29 is still sporting the original belt and I see no reason to change just because. I'm not making my living with the saw.

Here's a thread where Nitroman did some of his own digging around to find a substitute.

Chris B.

Did Homie use the same reduction system as Clinton? At a glance they look the same. If so I have a couple good belts in my parts Clintons.

Latest posts