Gypo's The Man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
Well well well, things have been shaping up around here. Here might be the last Stihl from Ken Dunn this O66 is just a real smoke house. It ROCKS like there is no wood that can't stop it. I ran this baby with a Cahoon race chain 18" ash log 2.23 out of 4 cuts average. I will say my Kenn Dunn 385xp beat this 066 at Miramachi ran by NBLogger against the Heart attack kid Lambert. I will be bringing this baby to the get together to beat every 7900 in site.

attachment_21739.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's what the trade was. Look at this turd of saw. Once again THANKS JOHN!!!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Barky, I have a ms191T that I will trade you for that pos 385..... We all know what a dog of a saw that is, so I will take one for the team and give up my awsome 191 to do you a favor! :D :D

i would hope so. the pictures are blurry and it is hard to get a good look at the chain. i have never seen a cahoon chain and was wondering what the differances are between his chains and mine. marty

most places i race would DQ that chain as unsafe because the rivots and side plates have been filed and the chain has been drasticly weakend. marty

That chain you're looking at has won and place 2nd to another Fales chain the last 2 years at Morton Wa. 4 of the top 6 chains were Fales chains.

If they are so fast why don't we see 'em out east? I'm not trying to stir the pot, but the legendary Tom Fales chains have not shown there heads around here. I have seen some of his chains run (mostly 1/2 inch- they are the fastest) but there is more than one guy that can file a chain. Seems to me that his chains make the most difference in larger wood. When you run one cut, live start, over the wood you can win with superior equipment. However when the wood is smaller and dead start, there is more than chain and motor that win you races. Don't get me wrong, Mr Fales may make the fastest chain that has ever graced the face of this earth. But I haven't seen them around here.

Chopwood the 3/8 have won at Webster and Winnfield with Melvin Lentz and Terry Warlick. Tom won't just build a chain for anybody.

i see. i think if i was that famous i would design some type of jig for a grinder that would make each rivot and side plate look neat. to take the sloppy appearance away. it appears as if each side plate and rivot were just pushed against a grinding wheel by hand. rivot shank appears through the spun head. i have found that grinding the rivot makes so little differance it is not worth the time spent.
good to see it is a winning product. marty

Last edited:
Back