SCAMMED BY rmh3481

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDude

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to contact the user rmh3481 for months. He sold me, what he said, was a working Poulan 245a.... Not only did the pull string not work, but after cleaining it, the spark plug was broken too. I told him the only way I would buy this saw is if it ran well, he assured me it did.

Now, he won't reply to emails and ran away with my $220....

Like there is a case for a 'theft by deception' investigation.

$220 for a running saw, should run, period.

Sure it should. And the seller should make it right. But if I got that saw and it was in the condition reported, I'd have replaced the rope, put a new plug in, reported the lie to the liar and then tried to fire it up.

I'm not making a value judgment. All I want is the rest of the story. How's it running now?

Sure it should. And the seller should make it right. But if I got that saw and it was in the condition reported, I'd have replaced the rope, put a new plug in, reported the lie to the liar and then tried to fire it up.

I'm not making a value judgment. All I want is the rest of the story. How's it running now?

Yep. A rope and a spark plug is small potatoes, but that still makes him deceptive.

Now if replacing that and it doesnt run, then its time to really be hot under the collar.

Yep. A rope and a spark plug is small potatoes, but that still makes him deceptive.

Now if replacing that and it doesnt run, then its time to really be hot under the collar.

Agreed on all points.

So what are you hoping to accomplish with this thread? Get your money back and keep the saw? Public apology? Credit you for a $3 plug and $2 worth of rope?

Lets face it, people pull the cords out of OPE every second. They almost always break right at the spool, and there is never any warning. Lets suppose he ran the gas out of the carb, and you had to pull it 20 times or so to get it fired up. It is not unreasonable to think that the cord could have broken. As far as the spark plug, I would like to see pictures of how it was broken. It is very hard to break a plug. Have you ever tried to break the porcelain out of one to make an adapter of some type? If it was actually broken, it could have happened in shipping.

..... And we still have not heard how it is running once the new rope and plug were installed.

Not trying to be a prick here, but I have dealt with a bunch of folks on AS. They have all been more than fair to deal with so far. Sorry to hear it if you are the 1 in 1000 to get screwed.

My 2 cents, why post wanting help. Then no more posts? I realize people are busy but if you've somewhere to be wait til later to accuse a member of "scamming" you, then logging off. Not causing trouble just MHO. Hope this gets resolved and parties come out happy. Scott

Take it with a grain of salt bub. We all get it up the you know what at some point. The question no being posed to you is does the saw run as it was claimed to do? If so then $5 to fix what may have been accidental is no big deal. Now if it came to you and all plastics were trashed and the bar was bent and yada yada yada thats when its time to have a little powow with your seller. But he way i see it here its no big deal and if the seller has half a brain the problem will be fixed ASAP.

In time, questions will be answered. That's usually how it works. Why hurry? It's just a saw, after all, not an emergency procedure to save a life.

Right? :dizzy:

Gosh I only gave $200 for 1 of those saws when it was brand new. I remember it like it was yesterday because I never got my hands on many 100 bills and I just happened to have 2 of them on me at the same time. The oldest bill was brand new when I got it and it was nearly wore out from me toting it around deep down in my pocket for so long

I'm not sure if its worth 220 these days but it sure seems like you're trying to ruin a man's reputation all around the world and make a big deal about not much of nothin

Not trying to be a prick here, but I have dealt with a bunch of folks on AS. They have all been more than fair to deal with so far. Sorry to hear it if you are the 1 in 1000 to get screwed.

I believe the word is "peckerhead".

The few transactions I have had with members on this site have been fantastic. The 076 I got from Computeruser, the Husky parts from Moss Man, and the Fiskars maul from banjobart all were priced lower than I expected to pay, and in much better condition then described.

Starting the post with "scammed" in the title is not the way to go. Is this intended to be a warning, or just calling the seller out? A much better approach would be to lay the details out, and ask if anyone knows what is going on with the member.

Maybe some personal tragedy has kept him away from his e-mail.

Maybe the saw was running fine when it was shipped and he got tired of your nit-picking e-mails.

A lot of people try to get some money back after a purchase, but you have to realize that a used saw is...well...used.

When the first saw I bought on eBay showed up at the door (I payed a higher price because it was supposed to be in fantastic shape), I opened it up, and the filter was tattered and full of holes, half of which were covered with duct tape. I tested compression (no tip Schrader), and it was low. There also was no bar tension adjuster.

I e-mailed the seller, told him there might be concerns, and that I would get back to him after pulling the muffler (between the test and the e-mail I did a search here, and found out I didn't have the equipment to properly test compression).

I pulled the muffler, saw the machine marks on the piston, and ran upstairs to send an e-mail to the seller thanking him for the awesome saw. Still haven't checked the compression with my new tester.

The filter and adjuster were minor, and you should expect to have to replace such things on a used saw.

Sorry for the long post, but it is absolutely counterproductive to start out with the "scammed" stance, and these threads pop up way too often.

here is a post made by bob in a thread started by spacedonkey disparaging christianity.

Spacer,
Maybe you ought to dig out the St James Bible and read it. Then you might have an idea as to why your here, how you are to live, and where your headed.

For sure,
Bob

i know that people willl cloak themselves in the bible and steal you money, but Bob sounds pretty sincere in this post. also, Bob has been a member here for a while, and you my friend are a newbie. as such, you have a heavier burden of proof. i'm sorry this is the way it is, but it is that way.
i don't think you have proven you have been scammed. at best you got something that was not quiet as described. your post lacks detail of the problems. a cracked spark plug?????? jeeeeeez, get another one. the saw may have run fine with it and Bob may have been unware of the problem. and how was the starter defective? won't engage? broken rope? broken spring? falling off? was the cord dangling when you opened the box? if so, why did you go to the trouble of cleaning the saw?
i think you need to give more information or quit busting on someone.

You guys got Bob wrong.

I'm sure there is a misunderstanding here.

Bob is a stand up guy. He would not do that. He's not that kind of guy.

And I'm sure he'll show up to this thread and explain.

He emailed me "essays" about how to port a saw and the science behind a 2 stroke. I even offered him a saw and he never budged. He just told me "to pay it forward."

Give him time to respond before you hang 'em...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back