SCAMMED BY rmh3481

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a post made by bob in a thread started by spacedonkey disparaging christianity.

i know that people willl cloak themselves in the bible and steal you money, but Bob sounds pretty sincere in this post. also, Bob has been a member here for a while, and you my friend are a newbie.

The fact that the OP is a newbie does not make any difference. Lets all defer any decision before we have all the facts in. Lets hear from Bob; maybe he should speak to the problems with the saw and communication. Until then neither the OP nor Bob are the bad guy, if there even is a bad guy.

OP IF you came at Bob with both barrels blasting, your original post may or may not be indicative of this-but how could we really know, do you feel that this might be part of the reason that Bob did not contact you?

You should have saved this

The way to bring a scammer to heel is to hang the threat of a public outing over his head. Now that you've outed him as a scammer, what is his incentive to make things right? If he refuses, he's outed as a scammer. If he makes things right, he's already outed as a scammer. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube now. A slow escalation would have been better, you could have posted the problem without naming the alleged scammer, thereby lighting a fire under his arse.

I agree with previous posters, the pull cord is minor. A broken spark plug? Saws don't "break" plugs, it was either broken during shipment or you broke it while cleaning the saw. Replace it with a Bosch or NGK and move on.

sure it does, it doesn't mean the newbie is wrong.

Hey Murph,

I agree that it doesn't mean he is wrong, but why does it make a difference?

Is it because he hasn't established a reputation or is it because he might be a troll?

If its the first, I'm not sure that I agree because both the good and the bad are prone to make mistakes. Its just that the bad don't care to set them right. Also, sometimes the bad are the ones who rather defend their reputations then correct their errors. I must be boring you, maybe even myself, but just because one of these guys might argue better, or even be a better man, don't necessarily make that guy right

We still need to hear from the principals, otherwise this thread is an exercise in futility:bang:

Not enough info. Where's the op? It may be inexperience by the op that caused the problem to begin with. How do you break a spark plug?

it matters bc i have more experience (postings) with the first. if a newbie came on and blasted a long-timer, citing specifics that sound plausible and lacking other likely explanations, then yes, i would look at newb's story less skeptically. but the OP did none of this. his only specific was the broken plug, which he found after he cleaned the saw. there is no way to know when it was broken and it is really a trivial matter and amount of money. the OP also mentions a pull cord not working, but doesn't offer information on exactly what the problem is or when he noticed it. lacking specificity, i will side with those i know better. as others have said, if there were broken plastic, missing pieces, or scored cylinders, then we have a problem.
and no, bana, you don't bore me. i enjoy debates and reading your posts in general.

Now that you've outed him as a scammer, what is his incentive to make things right? If he refuses, he's outed as a scammer. If he makes things right, he's already outed as a scammer. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube now.

I disagree. I too can wait hearing from the seller before I drawing any conclusions.

A new plug and cord are about as easy as it gets as far as new owner repairs.

I don't understand why we have not gotten a post chord/plug update from the OP.

I disagree. I too can wait hearing from the seller before I drawing any conclusions.

A new plug and cord are about as easy as it gets as far as new owner repairs.

I don't understand why we have not gotten a post chord/plug update from the OP.

Maybe because he screwed it up when he "cleaned" it.

The other 4 posts by the OP inquire about the Poulan for sale back in Sept. The next one asks about the pull cord that rewinds slowly and the replys he gets are to clean it. The post just before this one he says the pull cord is fine now, but spark plug has no spark/can't get the saw running.

The other 4 posts by the OP inquire about the Poulan for sale back in Sept. The next one asks about the pull cord that rewinds slowly and the replys he gets are to clean it. The post just before this one he says the pull cord is fine now, but spark plug has no spark/can't get the saw running.

good job, dr watson!

Hey guys, I've been trying to contact the user rmh3481 for months. He sold me, what he said, was a working Poulan 245a.... Not only did the pull string not work, but after cleaining it, the spark plug was broken too. I told him the only way I would buy this saw is if it ran well, he assured me it did.

Now, he won't reply to emails and ran away with my $220....

Not for nothing, but you GOT a saw from the guy. If you needed to replace the pull cord and a plug, that hardly qualifies for being scammed. Heck it took you a month to rectify the cord problem, how much credibility are you expecting from your post? Maybe you had a problem or maybe you imagined one or maybe you created one, but you could have at least hung around for a couple of minutes to answer questions after making a post like this.

This thread is locked until rmh gets on site and can present his side, if he cares to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back