stihl MS200 vs Husqvarna 338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2007 New Edition

The “Air Injection” on Husky Top-handle saws is not of the same design that’s been used as “Air Injection” and “TURBO” in known Husqvarna and Jonsered saws. The Husqvarna 335xpt have been gone for a while, and is history, running model’s are, 334T and 338XPT, and they have been upgraded along the years. Few years ago Jonsered build a Top-handle saw based on the 334T, whit idea's and design from 335xpt and 338xpt, and whit some Jonsered idea's and design, so it was not one exact copy of any Husky model, and that was Jonsered 2135T.
There is an upgraded 2007 NEW EDITION of 334T, 338xpt, and the Jred. The latest NEW EDITION of the Jred has a new name, Jonsered 2139T. The new 39cc Husky and Jred upgraded edition have increased compression ratio for more rapid acceleration and increased torque.
I don't know if there is any upgraded design to the “Air Injection”/”TURBO” on this NEW EDITION saws.
:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I have a second hand 020T!!!!

What does everyone think about gettin a second hand 020T this is a compromise that will work real well for my pocket!

Its got the drawback of no warranty but if I give it a service and replace whatever parts it needs should be a good buy? Plus I could prob order parts from the USA more easily than a whole saw right?

And I love it,,,,, it absolutley rips just used it last week on a climb job, a dead pine with a severe head lean next to a house and power lines on the other side so that we had to push rounds out and straight down,,,, it performed flawlessly plenty of grunt but I knew the original owner,, you need to be cautious do research on any used ones,,, ya may be better off with the 192T new but without a muffler mod just dont compare to a good 020T/200T,,,

Some of the rounds were 18"-20" then I broke out the 361 W/24" bar w/skip for the last two they were over 24" dia 25' up

JMHO

River

Last edited:
The “Air Injection” on Husky Top-handle saws is not of the same design that’s been used as “Air Injection” and “TURBO” in known Husqvarna and Jonsered saws. The Husqvarna 335xpt have been gone for a while, and is history, running model’s are, 334T and 338XPT, and they have been upgraded along the years. Few years ago Jonsered build a Top-handle saw based on the 334T, whit idea's and design from 335xpt and 338xpt, and whit some Jonsered idea's and design, so it was not one exact copy of any Husky model, and that was Jonsered 2135T.
There is an upgraded 2007 NEW EDITION of 334T, 338xpt, and the Jred. The latest NEW EDITION of the Jred has a new name, Jonsered 2139T. The new 39cc Husky and Jred upgraded edition have increased compression ratio for more rapid acceleration and increased torque.
I don't know if there is any upgraded design to the “Air Injection”/”TURBO” on this NEW EDITION saws.
:greenchainsaw:

One day you're going to have to get those saws dirty:)

One day you're going to have to get those saws dirty:)

:hmm3grin2orange: They get dirty sometimes, BUT I clean them :hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

There is an upgraded 2007 NEW EDITION of 334T, 338xpt, and the Jred. The latest NEW EDITION of the Jred has a new name, Jonsered 2139T. The new 39cc Husky and Jred upgraded edition have increased compression ratio for more rapid acceleration and increased torque. ....

The same thing happened to the 339xp + it got a better carb and got rid of the auto decomp........
:clap: :clap:

Back