Different woodshed design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibikedad

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my woodshed that I built last year. Notice the horizontal sides with boards that are staggered on the 4x4 posts. This allows plenty of air to flow through, but rain will hit either the outside board or the inside one, and hardly any gets through to the wood. The wood drys out about 2x faster than if I had tarped it.

I also used the corregated plexiglass roof sheets so that it isn't dark inside. The whole structure holds about 4.5 chords of wood.

Nice looking wood shed! I like your idea of using the clear roofing too.

Welcome to AS . Nice job on the wood shed. I like your idea for sides. I will give you a Rep for posting pics on your first post. Here we like pics lots and lots of pics:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Hi,

This is my woodshed that I built last year. Notice the horizontal sides with boards that are staggered on the 4x4 posts. This allows plenty of air to flow through, but rain will hit either the outside board or the inside one, and hardly any gets through to the wood. The wood drys out about 2x faster than if I had tarped it.

I also used the corregated plexiglass roof sheets so that it isn't dark inside. The whole structure holds about 4.5 chords of wood.
Thats good thinking.
welcome to the site, and heres' some rep.

Very nice. I've been planning something similar, just waiting for time an money to make it happen. I hope to go one step further and have a slatted floor (pallets, well supported) to allow maximum air flow.

Is it closed on the back? Slatted boards? Solid? Open?

Very nice. I've been planning something similar, just waiting for time an money to make it happen. I hope to go one step further and have a slatted floor (pallets, well supported) to allow maximum air flow.

Is it closed on the back? Slatted boards? Solid? Open?

Yes, the boards on the bottom are spaced by about 1.5 inches to allow for more air flow. The front and back are both open right now. That way I can load it from both sides, and take wood out too.

I might tarp the front and back before the winter so that snow won't wet the wood. Everything is really seasoned, so I don't need so much air flow (until I refill it, of course).

Looks GREAT!

What was the approx. cost to build it? I'd LOVE to do something like that here!

Here's the best part ... I got all the large 2x12 boards for free from the middle school bleachers. They had to be torn down, and the wood was offered to anyone who wanted it.

The rest of the structure was new pressure treated wood. I probably spent around $500 to $600 on that wood and the roof panels.

Back