The 576 XP, wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonizer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
that didn't take long. I received a memo today faxed by a Swedish engineer from Husqvarna. He told me about lean seizures on the new 576. Apparently if they are not run under heavy load when first started, the computer does not reset from the factory default setting, (Which is lean to pass the emissions tests at the factory). Now the funny part, he states the saw must be run in a big log at full throttle for 2-5 minutes to "clue" itself in. I guess they will send a log with every 20 saws? Another Tech manager from Canada told me the saw needs 60 revolutions to complete the feedback loop required to recalibrate. This tells me the saw runs between 12 and 30 rpms, a tad slow for a chainsaw, (or water-wheel for that matter). Cheers, Simon.

And just how many folks are gonna have a log big enuff to bury that thing for "two to five minutes"? Get real.

Well they are expecting us (the dealer), to do this before the customer takes it away. For anyone purchasing this saw, make sure your dealer is aware of this procedure and performs it before you take it home. Cheers, Simon.

Again, why anyone would want to be a guinea pig for one of these new fangled complicated things is beyond me.

I would use my $900 on a 372 and a couple bars before I would mess with this thing. Once the 372 is discontinued and we have no choice then give this contraption a whirl

Again, why anyone would want to be a guinea pig for one of these new fangled complicated things is beyond me.

I would use my $900 on a 372 and a couple bars before I would mess with this thing. Once the 372 is discontinued and we have no choice then give this contraption a whirl
Well put. I have heard the 372 has stopped production. I have relayed this information to our fallers, some of whom have purchased 4 at a time and will have me mod them as required. A month ago I heard they are still making them. Next I had to contact these guys and let them know so it didn't look like we were forcing sales on them in a panic situation. All of this "waffling" has left me very dis-enchanted with Husqvarna. Luckily, the 350-400 fallers I deal directly with trust and believe what I say. I am growing tired of their games. We are the #1 pro-saw dealer in Western Canada, Walker's is #2. They are treating us both very poorly.

that didn't take long. I received a memo today faxed by a Swedish engineer from Husqvarna. He told me about lean seizures on the new 576. Apparently if they are not run under heavy load when first started, the computer does not reset from the factory default setting, (Which is lean to pass the emissions tests at the factory). Now the funny part, he states the saw must be run in a big log at full throttle for 2-5 minutes to "clue" itself in. I guess they will send a log with every 20 saws? Another Tech manager from Canada told me the saw needs 60 revolutions to complete the feedback loop required to recalibrate. This tells me the saw runs between 12 and 30 rpms, a tad slow for a chainsaw, (or water-wheel for that matter). Cheers, Simon.

Well Simon they don't have big logs in Sweden do they,LOL

I couldn't resist.

Is this the new 576 Autotune chainsaw we been hearing about?

Well Simon they don't have big logs in Sweden do they,LOL

I couldn't resist.

Is this the new 576 Autotune chainsaw we been hearing about?
Yes it is, the new 576 Auto-seize is quickly becoming its new handle. Maybe the processing unit was designed by an accountant who is trying to save on fuel.

Yes it is, the new 576 Auto-seize is quickly becoming its new handle. Maybe the processing unit was designed by an accountant who is trying to save on fuel.

Yikes. You don't sound to thrilled with this model. Have you seen alot of seizures with it yourself? Does this new system tie in with the carb? I'm asking because Stihl has some 441's out in trials using some new system that regulates the carb by way of a computer built in the ignition.

Wow thats a crazy long time to be running a new saw in wood for calibration. Do you have to run it at a 25:1 mix for this? ha. ha. The EPA has got the 2-cycle industry by the nuts.

Wow thats a crazy long time to be running a new saw in wood for calibration. Do you have to run it at a 25:1 mix for this? ha. ha. The EPA has got the 2-cycle industry by the nuts.

In the end all of this will be a good thing, just like it was with the auto industry, but as of now it looks like they didn't do enough R&D.

Yikes. You don't sound to thrilled with this model. Have you seen alot of seizures with it yourself? Does this new system tie in with the carb? I'm asking because Stihl has some 441's out in trials using some new system that regulates the carb by way of a computer built in the ignition.

I haven't seen any seizures yet but I have only sent out 1 on demo to a faller. He flew out to camp a week or so ago with a couple 372's he trusts and this 576 to play with. The memo startled me though. A micro-processor controlled fuel system should re-calculate at least twice a second, under any circumstances. It should not have to "learn" right out of the box.

Latest posts

Back