Lets see the chainsaw ROOSTER TAILS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Scottr had this idea awhile back. Lets post some pics and vids of the saws spitting out the rooster tails and just a general place to BS like in the prince of saws thread.
Here is the first old vid with no sound of my 7901 rooster tail. Just click on pic to watch vid. Running stock square. Wood was 8" ash.

Last edited:
pics vids

Also post pics or vids of testing your stock saws or modded saws, So we can compare different makes and etc cutting in the wood. Different chains, mods, etc so we can see the difference each one makes..

Gypo's
attachment_8371.php

Looks like I need to catch some video for you folks. How about a 5 or 6 foot bar powered (via hydraulics) by a 140 horse diesel?

Log place where I pick up wood cuts logs with that thing. You ought to see it go through a 36" oak like The Predator goes through a twelve incher!

Throws a DENSE rooster tail a good 20 feet.

BlueRidgeMark said:
Looks like I need to catch some video for you folks. How about a 5 or 6 foot bar powered (via hydraulics) by a 140 horse diesel?

Log place where I pick up wood cuts logs with that thing. You ought to see it go through a 36" oak like The Predator goes through a twelve incher!

Throws a DENSE rooster tail a good 20 feet.
Lets see that rooster tail.

Second time around a little better saw is my Dan Henry built woods mod 385XP , this is my fulltime falling saw day in day out .. Chain is fresh square ground full skip Carlton on my Silvey .. Gotta say though those racing xcut saws are quick . First time ever competing with my saw..it was fun :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXam5v71N4

Later Rob

Stihl crazy, what did you use to open your videos? I cant open them with real player or media. Might just be me from the looks of it.

Back