Chainsaws on TV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newforest

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread about this idea already?

I don’t own a TV or generally watch one anywhere. But occasionally I end up near one...

One of the “ooohhh, Alaska” type shows just had some chainsaw action. Chaps? Hard hat? Ear plugs? Nope, nope, and nope. Maybe a little too realistic there I guess.

This isn’t the first time I have seen cringe-worthy saw use on the boob tube even though I don’t watch one.

Have you ever seen proper chainsaw behavior on your TV?

Edit: I remember there used to be a bunch of logging shows cuz people would ax me about them. Never watched any of those, either. I don’t think those are still around like all the ‘survival’ shows my Dad watches?

Texas chainsaw massacre

Face protection
Long sleeve
Long paints
Protective apron
Gloves
Probably even proper boots

He drop starts the saw though

[emoji2373]

cbe30e1764dae89853fa68cf17ce4833.jpg

I gota go to bed

Good night

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Have u ever watched that show called Ax Men or something like that ? Hard to imagine wanting to get into logging after seeing some of the crazy crap that goes on there.

I watch a lot of them and some operators are in full protection professional mode and some aren't even using eye protection. What annoys me is all you mainly see are models of Stihl and some Huskys but occasionally there will be a different saw and you don't see it long enough to identify it.

Have u ever watched that show called Ax Men or something like that ? Hard to imagine wanting to get into logging after seeing some of the crazy crap that goes on there.
Over dramatised bulshit and if anybody watched it and really thought that was logging they shouldn't be in the bush.

What annoys me is all you mainly see are models of Stihl and some Huskys but occasionally there will be a different saw and you don't see it long enough to identify it.
For the past 30 years it has been unusual to see any "pro" using anything but Stihl or Husky on the Pacific coast!

I watch a lot of them and some operators are in full protection professional mode and some aren't even using eye protection. What annoys me is all you mainly see are models of Stihl and some Huskys but occasionally there will be a different saw and you don't see it long enough to identify it.

Why isn’t the show call “chainsaw men”

Or “logging men”

They sure aren’t felling with axes[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

This same thread 10 years or so. Paul Newman, Henry Fonda and cast ...Sometimes A Notion. 1971 movie about logging in PNW. Paul Newman wields a big MAC cuts lumber brain's desk in half.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Well the guy I saw the other night did use an ax as a wedge to finish easing a snag + live tree over.

But then same no-PPE guy built a cabin next to an already dead tree and just ignored the dead tree until cabin was complete....

Same type of shows the ones on trapping The woman loses the kid wolves start howling it is getting dark the guy is shooting at the wolves with his scope protective caps still on.The Trappers snowmobile breaks down.The narrator says now he faces a 16 mile walk home.Why not ride home with the camera crew? I know not chain saw related but these shows are all the same BS .Survivor there is a full time medical staff there.I trap cut wood and lived until I was 45 years old on the north side of the lake with no road acsess took a boat or walked across the lake to school.I have had a few cold baths .I have hauled many loads of heavy material across alot of sketchy ice.Ice road truckers logging trapping and survivor shows are like cheap John Deere lawn tractors they make there owners feel like big time operators and spenders.It is a shame these shows give such a unrealistic magical touch full of ideas geared to warm north American living rooms.
Mother nature is a cruel master .

Back