70cc saw opinions based on these factors...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s clear looking at the service records, Husky is trash. Broken bolts, bolts falling out, if that’s you’re thing, waste your money on that orange Swedish garbage. Maybe the Brazil garbage is better??
I'll have to remember to let my ms192tc know that uts not allowed to shake a muffler bolt out anymore.....

I’ve gathered enough information on here to say with certainty they’re trash. I’ve had plenty of first hand experience with trash mopar products, enough to know better. Husky is the mopar of the chainsaw world.
So again, buy your own admission you haven't a clue.

266...piece of crap.

Good service from 1989 through 2023 ... hmm ... 34 years. Better put that warranty claim in.
That’s what happens when you take care of em. I still use my Partner P100 and my Pro Mac 800. I have a P70 Partner but the other 70cc saw will out cut it. I think there isn’t a perfect 70 cc saw just a matter of use and up keep.

Sonin other words you don't have a farking clue.
Exactly, all he does is blow manure out of his mouth.
I’ve gathered enough information on here to say with certainty they’re trash.
Zero first hand experience.... how credible.

Do you actually have any experience with chainsaws?

Exactly, all he does is blow manure out of his mouth.

Zero first hand experience.... how credible.

Do you actually have any experience with chainsaws?
Husky is the manure. Haha! I’ve never cut wood before, How do you start a saw??? If I just look at some oak it bucks itself. Never have to start muh real saws. Maybe those IKEA saws would hold up just sitting on a shelf but they’d still fall apart.

I have to chime in here. Husqvarna is crap? Since when? Must be one of those guys who runs the snot out of a saw and never does any maintenance to the saw, and as soon as it breaks he blames the brand. Not that my opinion means anything. I have ran stihl, husky, echo and farmtech. Never had an issue with any of them. I took care of my equipment.

I have to chime in here. Husqvarna is crap? Since when? Must be one of those guys who runs the snot out of a saw and never does any maintenance to the saw, and as soon as it breaks he blames the brand. Not that my opinion means anything. I have ran stihl, husky, echo and farmtech. Never had an issue with any of them. I took care of my equipment.
Twenty years ago Stihl saws were very slightly more reliable. They were also turds compared to Huskies from that era performance wise. With the newer saws honestly it's a wash between the two brands.
All this doesn't really matter because the vast majority of guys on this site have never worn out a saw and never will.

Agreed this been through Helen back and with a little bit of maintenance It's still running to this day same bar not the same chain but everything else is OEM original

Attachments

• PXL_20230930_001350516.jpg
    PXL_20230930_001350516.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230930_002404439.jpg
    PXL_20230930_002404439.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Hello all!

I'm thankful for the knowledge shared on forums like this by those who actually have experience with these saws!

So here's what I'm after, and then I'll say the factors influencing my decision:

What I'm after: A primary chainsaw in the 70cc range for nearly every kind of situation, but typically storm debris help. I primarily use an MS 261CM and an MS 661CM, and between the two I've typically been just fine. But now I'm seeing some situations where I'd like a "middle" of the road saw that will now get about 70%+ of my cutting time.

Factors:
Desire- I really want a 572xp, but for what might be a dumb reason. I haven't owned anything from Husqvarna, and I'd like to try the brand. I've owned an MS 250, two 261cm's, a 462cm, a 661cm, and an Echo CS 590. The problem is that I've got a great Stihl dealer, and our Husqvarna dealer can get me anything but it isn't a large part of their (primarily lawnmower) business. No Echo dealers nearby.

Experience- I've owned a 462cm, and with a 24" bar I just didn't feel it had enough power for my needs, thus I sold it and got a 661. For all I know, I had "bad one," because it really did bog down low when buried in pine, and the chain would sometimes fully stop when buried in oak. I've seen plenty of Youtube videos of the 462 having more success with a 24" bar though, so I may be willing to give it another go.

Rain- So far I've done most of my work in decent weather, but I wouldn't mind a saw that can be run in the rain also if possible. I've emailed both Stihl and Husqvarna about this, and their response was basically this:
Stihl: "Please don't!"
Husqvarna: "Bring it!"
I have no idea if that is wisdom or not, just passing the info along to see if anyone has real experience using one of these saws in the rain and it being fine.

Lastly- I'm open to the 500i also, but the main thing holding me back is that many say the saw isn't great for "delicate" work, but that it operates like an on and off switch. I know that chainsaws are designed to be run WOT, but sometimes when felling, I've been watching the top of a tree in the wind and I'm making small adjustments to the back-cut while I wait for the right moment, and I don't want a saw that just flies through the hinge. Also, some have noted the fuel consumption being noticeably worse than the other two saws. And just from the looks of the back, it probably is the worst in this group for inclement weather.

Any insights from those with experience would be much appreciated!

-Andrew
How about a 372? I’ve been looking for an excuse to get my grubs on one…only reason I ask.

Latest posts

Back