70cc saw opinions based on these factors...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 572xp is a great saw. You won't regret your purchase. Or you can save $100 and go with the 565xp (low top version of the 572). I think it's a little more balanced and feels better in the hands. And unless you are in a cookie race, you will never notice the difference in power. And no, I would not be worried about your local husky dealer being more lawnmower focused. They can still order parts and service your saw if needed. Good luck with your purchase

Says the two guys that pay to be on a free site.

Fields
I do agree with you I think lol not sure what were talking about anymore.

My Son has a Cadex , skeltetonized stock AR platform chambered in .308 Winchester with a bipod & suppressor system . Has shot 2 moose & several deer & a couple caribou with it . Not my cup of tea appearance wise , how ever well made chassis fully validated by the military , police & security services & thousands of satisfied hunters & shooters . Then again I am so old school , it took a few yrs to get my head around synthetic stocks ! ;)
He won’t have it much longer if Trudope gets his way🤬

He won’t have in much longer if Trudope gets his way🤬
Just like Trudopes long gun registry reclaimation proposal , that fell through , restricting ownership of AR Sporting Rifles will never come to fruition . Especially , when no one registers such firearms . When you discuss full auto or semi auto with 30 round clips , that's another matter . Hunting regulations prohibit such weapons in any form or excessive ammunition capacity within any actual hunting realm already here in Ontario . New gun sales may suffer accordingly . Their focus should have been on prohibited & restricted weapon's , including domestic conceal & carry , switchblades etc. P.S. He was pissed this yr . When a occupational accident prevented him from participating in the annual Caribou hunt in Quebec lol

Hello all!

I'm thankful for the knowledge shared on forums like this by those who actually have experience with these saws!

So here's what I'm after, and then I'll say the factors influencing my decision:

What I'm after: A primary chainsaw in the 70cc range for nearly every kind of situation, but typically storm debris help. I primarily use an MS 261CM and an MS 661CM, and between the two I've typically been just fine. But now I'm seeing some situations where I'd like a "middle" of the road saw that will now get about 70%+ of my cutting time.

Factors:
Desire- I really want a 572xp, but for what might be a dumb reason. I haven't owned anything from Husqvarna, and I'd like to try the brand. I've owned an MS 250, two 261cm's, a 462cm, a 661cm, and an Echo CS 590. The problem is that I've got a great Stihl dealer, and our Husqvarna dealer can get me anything but it isn't a large part of their (primarily lawnmower) business. No Echo dealers nearby.

Experience- I've owned a 462cm, and with a 24" bar I just didn't feel it had enough power for my needs, thus I sold it and got a 661. For all I know, I had "bad one," because it really did bog down low when buried in pine, and the chain would sometimes fully stop when buried in oak. I've seen plenty of Youtube videos of the 462 having more success with a 24" bar though, so I may be willing to give it another go.

Rain- So far I've done most of my work in decent weather, but I wouldn't mind a saw that can be run in the rain also if possible. I've emailed both Stihl and Husqvarna about this, and their response was basically this:
Stihl: "Please don't!"
Husqvarna: "Bring it!"
I have no idea if that is wisdom or not, just passing the info along to see if anyone has real experience using one of these saws in the rain and it being fine.

Lastly- I'm open to the 500i also, but the main thing holding me back is that many say the saw isn't great for "delicate" work, but that it operates like an on and off switch. I know that chainsaws are designed to be run WOT, but sometimes when felling, I've been watching the top of a tree in the wind and I'm making small adjustments to the back-cut while I wait for the right moment, and I don't want a saw that just flies through the hinge. Also, some have noted the fuel consumption being noticeably worse than the other two saws. And just from the looks of the back, it probably is the worst in this group for inclement weather.

Any insights from those with experience would be much appreciated!

-Andrew
500i or the echo 7310 both very good saws you won't regret either purchase.

I still feel some sort of sanity check should be there. I mean think of the nuttiest wack job you've ever met and he can have all of that also
Who draws the line? Government? No thanks. Can’t own a gun, should Not be walking around. God gave us that right, not man. I never met a gun I didn’t like.
Back to saws.

I think that Husqvarna being around for over three hundred years kinda speaks for itself! You don't stay in business for long with a piece of crap! I didn't hear one person say anything about a 266xp Husqvarna! I have one that is fun as hell to dip into some big Douglas fir rounds! And my personal opinion is that you need to go back at least twenty five years or more to get a real chainsaw! I also have a 61 Husqvarna 300th anniversary edition that I hear good things about, I have so many chainsaws that I haven't even got to run it yet and I have had it for two years now! But unless you learn to do your own mods on a saw your not going to get what you want. And I find it funny to listen to guys these days sniveling about the weight of the saw! I love the old saws like my pioneer 600 made in 1969 and it is 26 pounds of pure classic delight just to pick up and think to yourself how some beast of a man carried that heavy bastard around all day in the woods back then!

I think that Husqvarna being around for over three hundred years kinda speaks for itself! You don't stay in business for long with a piece of crap! I didn't hear one person say anything about a 266xp Husqvarna! I have one that is fun as hell to dip into some big Douglas fir rounds! And my personal opinion is that you need to go back at least twenty five years or more to get a real chainsaw! I also have a 61 Husqvarna 300th anniversary edition that I hear good things about, I have so many chainsaws that I haven't even got to run it yet and I have had it for two years now! But unless you learn to do your own mods on a saw your not going to get what you want. And I find it funny to listen to guys these days sniveling about the weight of the saw! I love the old saws like my pioneer 600 made in 1969 and it is 26 pounds of pure classic delight just to pick up and think to yourself how some beast of a man carried that heavy bastard around all day in the woods back then!
It's getting hard to find good condition 25-30 year old saws in my area, if you do find one it's worth a small fortune.
The older saws dont cut much slower than the newer ones, the big difference is the antivibe. If you have a good running 266 or 61 and dont cut a ton of wood upgrading to a new 562 or 572 isnt really worth it IMO.

You can tell from his avatar how capable he is of thinking for himself.
I still use my Pro Mac 700 that I bought new in 1988. My other go to saw is a Jonsered 670. I have a newer clone 372xp that I hot rodded up that I also use to great effect. I try not to judge any brand unless I’ve used it for any length of time.

How many have you ran?
He'll never answer you because this goon has never ran a Husky. Probably barely lifted one at a dealer for that matter.
He just regurgitates what other Husky haters are claiming .
If I was to guess he burns about 3/4 of a gallon of saw gas a year through his saws and thinks he knows it all.

Back