70cc saw opinions based on these factors...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The purpose for every saw is to make the maker money. CAD probly plays a part in pointless saws being put out

Meanwhile in Montana USA I can open carry, concealed carry and drive around with an loaded AR laying on the dash of my truck perfectly legal. No purchase permits or licensing required.

I still feel some sort of sanity check should be there. I mean think of the nuttiest wack job you've ever met and he can have all of that also

But if he never did anything illegal you would be stripping him or her of their rights. You're born with the right to defend yourself by any and all means. Until you decide to do something illegal, there's no reason to take any thing from them.

I get that and that's why kids get blown away at schools and what not.

There is plenty of people born that should not ever be allowed anything like that.

That's how it was here until a couple years ago. It worked pretty well. Didn't really mater if you'd done a few dumb things as a teenager. It was just a mental evaluation more or less.

It's gone mad now and since we are a young country the rights that were established in the states long long ago were not going to wash here and most other places in the world.

I feel the states is very ambulance bottom of the cliff scenario and I don't think that's perfect and neither is ridiculous laws either.

What's fuxked up here the most is de arming the law abiding population and the criminal underbelly certainly isn't giving up theirs

Will be interesting how it goes finding pest control guys for DOC and stuff in 20 25 years. Basically anyone who's slightly older and had a few stupid traffic convictions or other petty things is not allowed a licence. Those are the type of people that would be more likely to do those jobs not some square squeaky clean el straighto 30 year old virgin kid who belongs in an office.

Do you guys really see an issue with a simple interview and a yarn n perhaps check you know the basic safety rules. Or is it just the whole idea of the control of it?

It's a tricky old subject really and how do ya stop those powers at be go mad and way over the top with it. Like everywhere else.

Health n safety in general has gone way the Fxck over the top. The permits n JSAs at work we gotta do now is crazy and it's all ass covering. The same amount of people are still dying at work each year

It's not hard. It just takes longer.
And to be clear an AR-15 has zero advantages for my use and some disadvantages.
For a a big game hunting gun I can see zero reason to use one. Again no advantages and lots of disadvantages for my use.
Well I see where you are. Here in Texas and at the ranch in NM (SE of Carlsbad south fence is 600 yards from the Texas border) feral hogs are a big issue. I do not hunt feral hogs I exterminate them. The AR is a good platform for that when jumping them in a stock pond. Have a buddy at Colt so I have a few. Best one for hogs and deer is the LE 901 I have both chamberings (308 and 6.5 Creedmoor Colt built less than 200 of the 6.5's) Colt did in that one. The 223 in the LE 6920 or LE 6940 works too just have to get closer lol. Killed too many to count.🤬

In idaho soft wood I tried the 90cc stock and ported game.
The saw in my sig pic is a 66 that I used to put down a big fir pictured way over 36" under 5ft I csnt remember exacthow big.
I normaly like to fell trees that arent much bigger than a 32" bar

Ive Bern thinking about reviving my 44 with a 54mm 046 top end.

Otherwise ive just found I keep going back to 70cc as thats the biggest I like to cut with all day.

Ive I lived in hard wood country 90cc might be used more.

I to am unsure about 500i id Luke to get a hold of one so I can compare it to my 372.
Im not up on whst the 462 462 saws are if they are auto tune junk id probly just build a old 460 or just put more intrest in my 44.
Might want to try the 500i. I have about 10 Gallons of fuel through it now. Is wicked in some very old, large dead live oak trees (live oak decline) that are Tough!

I agree the 362 should go the way of the Dodo.

Yep , had a beautiful 742 Woodmaster 30.06 Springfield i bought in 1975 . Had it for 30+ yrs. Walnut stock the comb swelled due to humidity !
Yeah , it really pissed me off Sean . I did everything I could , kept it clean , dry after hunts etc . Then one year took it out of the gun safe & there was the blister starting . Sold it that fall as is :nofunny: went with synthetic stock on my 700 same caliber the next year !

Well I see where you are. Here in Texas and at the ranch in NM (SE of Carlsbad south fence is 600 yards from the Texas border) feral hogs are a big issue. I do not hunt feral hogs I exterminate them. The AR is a good platform for that when jumping them in a stock pond. Have a buddy at Colt so I have a few. Best one for hogs and deer is the LE 901 I have both chamberings (308 and 6.5 Creedmoor Colt built less than 200 of the 6.5's) Colt did in that one. The 223 in the LE 6920 or LE 6940 works too just have to get closer lol. Killed too many to count.🤬
Yea, bit that's not really hunting. It's spraying and praying. I have shot hogs myself and love doing.
In fact most hunting in Texas isn't really hunting. It's sitting over a corn feeder.

I get that and that's why kids get blown away at schools and what not.

There is plenty of people born that should not ever be allowed anything like that.

That's how it was here until a couple years ago. It worked pretty well. Didn't really mater if you'd done a few dumb things as a teenager. It was just a mental evaluation more or less.

It's gone mad now and since we are a young country the rights that were established in the states long long ago were not going to wash here and most other places in the world.

I feel the states is very ambulance bottom of the cliff scenario and I don't think that's perfect and neither is ridiculous laws either.

What's fuxked up here the most is de arming the law abiding population and the criminal underbelly certainly isn't giving up theirs

Will be interesting how it goes finding pest control guys for DOC and stuff in 20 25 years. Basically anyone who's slightly older and had a few stupid traffic convictions or other petty things is not allowed a licence. Those are the type of people that would be more likely to do those jobs not some square squeaky clean el straighto 30 year old virgin kid who belongs in an office.

Do you guys really see an issue with a simple interview and a yarn n perhaps check you know the basic safety rules. Or is it just the whole idea of the control of it?

It's a tricky old subject really and how do ya stop those powers at be go mad and way over the top with it. Like everywhere else.

Health n safety in general has gone way the Fxck over the top. The permits n JSAs at work we gotta do now is crazy and it's all ass covering. The same amount of people are still dying at work each year
You would have to be an idiot or in government to think a simple interview will do anything other than screw with tge rights of law abiding citizens.
The school shooting thing is brought on by psychotropic drugs and dog **** parenting.

Yea, bit that's not really hunting. It's spraying and praying. I have shot hogs myself and love doing.
In fact most hunting in Texas isn't really hunting. It's sitting over a corn feeder.
Hell , sometimes up North here fishing becomes more like hunting , even when you chum the hole . That's what's keeps you coming back ! P.S. Bait piles have their place , as a last resort imo , to put meat in the freezer ! Remember as a kid Grandma saying , tend to the deer son , which meant get my butt to the Orchard (natural bait pile) with the 300 Savage !

360, 361,362 where all crap in stock form. The 361 was their best effort, but they saddled it with the worst muffler in the chainsaw world.
Never owned a saw , without a muffler mod . Kicked the end out of my Cradle figuring that one out junior 50+ yrs ago . My 361 pulled like a raped ape , nothing pure stock , ever runs within its full potential ! ;)

I said I think they are garbage.... I dont know of any top flight hunter that uses one out here.
Wether you like them or Sean likes them or not is no skin off my back.
Well , I know of a more than a few , World Class Hunters that have on occasion . You could not even carry their jock strap ! And your opinion or your Kin's , out there or anywhere is the least of my worries in any realm brother , now or 50 yrs ago ! ;)

Back