Peltor worktunes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have had an old pair of these on my helmet (actually helmets, they have survived 3 lids) for over 4 years of abuse and hard work. I love em, they are great, keep the mind ticking over and generally make work more pleasant (especially when chipping or dragging)

A while back I brought a pair of the new ones for my chainsaw helmet but after only a few weeks one side started cutting out and then by 2 more weeks they were completely dead. Didnt get wet or abused. (unlike my old pair which I am now back to using)

I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of trouble with the newer worktunes, I got them off a US based site so sending them back is economically unfeasable. I want to buy another pair if its just a case of me getting a dud set this time.

Anyone else use em?

About 5 or 6 years ago my wife bought my stepfather and me them for Christmas. About a year later his left speaker cut out I gave him my pair and the left one cut out in that pair. I spliced in new speakers but they still arent right. I would not buy them again,Id find different brand.:)

I have had an old pair of these on my helmet (actually helmets, they have survived 3 lids) for over 4 years of abuse and hard work. I love em, they are great, keep the mind ticking over and generally make work more pleasant (especially when chipping or dragging)

A while back I brought a pair of the new ones for my chainsaw helmet but after only a few weeks one side started cutting out and then by 2 more weeks they were completely dead. Didnt get wet or abused. (unlike my old pair which I am now back to using)

I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of trouble with the newer worktunes, I got them off a US based site so sending them back is economically unfeasable. I want to buy another pair if its just a case of me getting a dud set this time.

Anyone else use em?

About 5 or 6 years ago my wife bought my stepfather and me them for Christmas. About a year later his left speaker cut out I gave him my pair and the left one cut out in that pair. I spliced in new speakers but they still arent right. I would not buy them again,Id find different brand.:)

I have quite a few hours on mine with no problems.

you guys have no problem with wearing them on the job ?????i had a college kid last year that had them.... i had to throw something and hit him, to get his attention.....(kid was a big stoner, met his dad this year, his dad said the kid only got a degree in horticultar,was to grow better weed ) i can usually yell loud enough to get some ones attention, when there are saws running, or the chipper...

you guys have no problem with wearing them on the job ?????i had a college kid last year that had them.... i had to throw something and hit him, to get his attention.....(kid was a big stoner, met his dad this year, his dad said the kid only got a degree in horticultar,was to grow better weed ) i can usually yell loud enough to get some ones attention, when there are saws running, or the chipper...

I have found that I need to be careful and keep the volume down so i can hear the piece of equipment that I am running, just to make sure that i can hear if something is amiss.

No problems yet.

I have both the older and newer digital Pelter work tunes, haven’t had any issues with either yet. The new Pelters are about six months old and I have about 150 hours on them.

With the older original model they had one side with just a speaker with the other side having all the dials, battery, ariel and a speaker etc so you could cut one side off and still have one with music and a standard muff on the other side.
Okay to explain my helmet has a radio muff for the right hand ear but a standard muff the for my left air. So I can still "hear" outside the muffs.

I dont think the worktunes were the problem with that worker! well werent all the trouble.

Well not to sound like a sissy but I wear mine while cutting grass,logsplitting by myself and several other boring jobs around the yard. My stepfather wore his everyday till they broke running an old bulldozer screening topsoil. I did see a kid wear them chipping and seen how nobody could get his attention.:)

I have a pair of digital Pelter work tunes that I ordered in for a local excavating co. to try out and they bought 5 pairs now total......They really like them.....

.Need to figure out how to mount on helmet....

Last edited:
I haven't seen any that could be mounted onto your helmet yet. Did you mount them on yourself

Nope, bought this combination http://www.stihl.no/isapi/default.a...dukt/70018842251/Skogshjelm+med+FM-radio.html

As for people not hearing things when listing to the radio, sure yes, that may be a problem. But production rate goes upp when listening to music, compared to the dullness of the monotone chipper. So use them when you may, but keep the radio off when comunication is essential!

I have the workstyle model not the worktunes and they have worked flawless for 2 years any weather!
My mate has the same model but 7 years old and they still work perfect.
They are not the digital ones but just a manual tuner and a combined on/off volume control.
And yes you get more work done with music on!
The only problem i can see is that TV and radio are going digital soon so the muffs will be useless.

With the older original model they had one side with just a speaker with the other side having all the dials, battery, ariel and a speaker etc so you could cut one side off and still have one with music and a standard muff on the other side.
Okay to explain my helmet has a radio muff for the right hand ear but a standard muff the for my left air. So I can still "hear" outside the muffs.

I dont think the worktunes were the problem with that worker! well werent all the trouble.

Well not to sound like a sissy but I wear mine while cutting grass,logsplitting by myself and several other boring jobs around the yard. My stepfather wore his everyday till they broke running an old bulldozer screening topsoil. I did see a kid wear them chipping and seen how nobody could get his attention.:)

you might have a point there !! kid was a good worker, but he ran those things all the way up. you could hear them standing next to him with the chipper running ..he had them so loud, i'd have to go over and hit the reverse bar, becuase he was about to stall the chipper..and couldn't hear it. nor could he hear you if he was up in a tree....thats the only time i've seen them used.. i guess if it works for you, but i wasn't sold on them..

aint no worse than wearing a walkman or an i pod, if your by yourself .. as long as you can hear your equipment....or others.....

if your working as a crew, and you can't get someones attention, something bad could happen......

my old ones were standard peltor worktune earmuffs, not for a helmet. I just cut one side off (you can only do this with the old ones) and unclip the earmuff cup from the bracket and put it on my peltor bracket on my helmet.

My problem now is that I cant go without having the radio or music on. Infact I have been doing some vacuming and have a set of worktunes on right now but only over one ear so my dear wife can be heard.

Has anyone ever used the Blockade earphones made by AOSafety?

They plug into an MP3 player or radio, go into your ear like reguar ear plugs and have a NRR 24dB rating.

They run $50 from what I have seen so far.

Latest posts

Back