If you could choose ony 2 chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
Reaction score
what would you keep or buy. You hear a lot said about this saw is all you need for firewood.Thats bull crap,we or (most of us anyway) don't get to pick and choose our wood supply, we take whats available.So how wood u make do if 2 was all you could sneak past yer wife or girl?

what would you keep or buy. You hear a lot said about this saw is all you need for firewood.Thats bull crap,we or (most of us anyway) don't get to pick and choose our wood supply, we take whats available.So how wood u make do if 2 was all you could sneak past yer wife or girl?

A 60cc saw and a 90cc saw.

What I use now:
036 w/20" and 660 w/28" or 32"

My setup

If i could only choose 2 saws it would be a Husky 357XP w/ 16-18" bar, and a 372 with a 28" bar. That is my setup, an i love it. I can drop trees with the biggun and buck em with the little un'. With that setup i havent run across any thing i cant cut or haul.

I'd start boxing up her shoes , knick-knacks and pots-n-pans. She can have a pair to go to work in and a pair to go to dinner in, She can keep what fits on her dresser for knicknacks and lets see her cook with a two egg pan and a 6 quart kettle.

Of course this is a sorespot for me and probably should have kept it repressed.

A 40cc and a 60cc does what I'd need them to do without tearing out my shoulder again.

Last edited:
Dolmar PS7900 and Husky 357XP if I have to pick from current models.

If I could have any two, it would be a Husky 281XP or 288XP and a 262XP.

Take Care

In Jred (don't care for funky bent handle orange saws):

2153 with 16 - 18" bar for limbing and small stuff
2186 with 24" bar for most everything else & a spare 28 - 32" bar for big stumps & such.
Would also consider a 2171 in place of the 2186 depending on the size of stuff I anticipated cutting.

In Stihl:

260 Pro with 16 - 18" bar for limbing and small stuff
MS660 with 25" bar & spare 36" bar for big stuff.
While I really like my 036 Pro it just doesn't fit well in a 2 saw limit question.
Would also consider a 460 in place of the 660 if cutting mostly smaller stuff (which I do now).

Either a 084 or 880 with a 42" bar & a 044 or 460 w 25" to start. Sometimes the 660 with 36" isnt quite big enough.

Latest posts

Back