If you could choose ony 2 chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd start boxing up her shoes , knick-knacks and pots-n-pans. She can have a pair to go to work in and a pair to go to dinner in, She can keep what fits on her dresser for knicknacks and lets see her cook with a two egg pan and a 6 quart kettle.

Of course this is a sorespot for me and probably should have kept it repressed.

A 40cc and a 60cc does what I'd need them to do.
the 42 and 76 cc saw are the ones that use most of my mix and bar oil.
the 3 in the middle make cookies,noodles and get loaned more

Im running the J red 910 and 450 works good for me. If I had the money a 385 and a 365 husky. We use the husky 385/365 combo on the yard at the mill.

260 and 372. Modded to perform up with the next size class but still able to bolt on stock pistons and cylinder for parts and repairability. 16, 20 and 24 inch bars.
660 size saw would be nice if you can handle it but I could get more work done in a day with a good 372. Would have to spend too much time stopping to stretch out my back with the 660.

260 and 372. Modded to perform up with the next size class but still able to bolt on stock pistons and cylinder for parts and repairability. 16, 20 and 24 inch bars.
660 size saw would be nice if you can handle it but I could get more work done in a day with a good 372. Would have to spend too much time stopping to stretch out my back with the 660.

You're right, That 660 sure is tough on the back. Whatta saw though.

It would be easier if I could just pick one! That would be my modded 2159.
Two though I would take my 2152 and 7900. The 2152 is not much bigger than my 40cc saw's and the 7900 is a very light big saw. But I would still have a reliable Mac at home Right?:)

Two is tough! The 440/24" is my go-to saw. I use it more than all the others put together. But the second saw? Wow, 350 for small stuff or 660 for big stuff, that's the question. This year I have found a lot of big wood, so I would go with the 660 with a 28" and 36" bar. Some years I find a lot of small stuff and use the 350 a lot.

Okay, only two- 440/660
Dok

I'd have to choose my 346 and 372XP's. We do get to have more than one bar per saw I hope!
Today I went w/ my second favorite combo to cut some wood for my sister in-law. Partner 500 and 7000. Those two are a close 2nd place for me.

A 60cc saw and a 90cc saw.

What I use now:
036 w/20" and 660 w/28" or 32"

That if a young strong man,

But my old weak a$$ is more comfortable with a 50 and a 70 class cc saw.
An 028 super and 460 mag with an 8pin, so far has reduced anything I run across.

Now, if they both had a woods port, then its more power for the same weight, and that's always good.

If shopping for new stuff:

Dolmar.....5100 & 7900
Stihl....200T & 460
Jonskey....hmmm 50+cc and a 2171.

Of course there would have to be multiple bars for each saw to further fit each situation, along with chain type and beer oil for cooler temps.

I suppose I would have to make do with the 46mag with a 20" and 32". For the second that would have to be the 84 with the 60". Anything that the 84 won't handle I don't like messing with anyhow.

Owl

If I had to get rid of all of my saws except two I would keep the 361 and 395. My 361 seems to be plenty of saw for most of my firewood and the 395 is what I use for most of my milling plus it comes in handy for bucking up the larger firewood. I would however try to find a good hiding place for the 084.

Back