0028 Defiant Encore for Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba3228

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning the old Encore today and it looks like the old girl will be on the market for parts after this heating season. I did a repair last year to the refractory and it has been holding up well, although when inspecting and cleaning the cat today it looks as if she might be on her last leg, poor old girl. 1989
Defiant Encore (0028-2140) The Cozy Cabin Stove & Fireplace Parts Store
Checked here for the cost of some refractory parts and looks like it will be too costly for me to rebuild and purchase new cat.
Anyone interested in it can let me know, other than the refractory in the very back by the cat,it is in beautiful shape.
Paid 475.00 and only got 2 seasons out of her, live and learn....:msp_sad:
View attachment 267515
Bub

How much is the refractory? You can get a cat online for a little over a hundred bucks. A new Encore is over $2000.

We bought ours new in 1994, and burning 2-3 cords per season, the cat lasted until last year.

How much is the refractory? You can get a cat online for a little over a hundred bucks. A new Encore is over $2000.

We bought ours new in 1994, and burning 2-3 cords per season, the cat lasted until last year.

The new refractory said 362.00 and the cat was a couple hundred + all the gaskets and what nots I would have over 1000.00 in it with purchase price...

Think I would be better to put the good money into a new one:confused:

Hmmm...I dunno, but, from what I can tell by the pic, you're CAT looks fine :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
Better fix the stove though, wouldn't want 'er gettin cold now!

Latest posts

Back