009 sihl help''''''''

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doall

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
need help with my 009
carb- put new carb kit in with new needle , new fuel line. it will only start with a small object in the thoat of the carb to hold the flap open, and then it floods badly i can see fuel pouring in the throat when running,and will only run in full throtle and it loads up, let off the throtle and it dies. this is a walbro carb. thanks:

The needle is not sealing off the flow of fuel,seat may be damaged or piece of foreign matter in there stopping needle from seating. If the metering lever is set too high it will also hold the needle off the seat. Correct placement of the gasket first then the diaphragm is also necessary for proper operation.
Pioneerguy600

009 stihl

i operated the needle manualy it seemed to be closing off, i will go back recheck my self. bought this saw and a husky 41 with new bars on both for
$30 on a radio swap and shop great. thanks 600: for info.

i operated the needle manualy it seemed to be closing off, i will go back recheck my self. bought this saw and a husky 41 with new bars on both for
$30 on a radio swap and shop great. thanks 600: for info.

Sounds like the gaskets are assembled in the wrong order.Thick gasket against carb body first then diaphragm.

009 stihl

I will recheck myself on the gasket and diapharm next week,don't do much on sunday. thanks bum:

Back