009L chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1savagehunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I hope someone could help me !!! I'm trying to get rid of my small 3/8 LP picco chain and install something abit more aggressive. Going to be looking to run a 12" bar to do some light climbing and limbing. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I've got one with 325 chain, it cuts ok but I stick with 050 on that size saw.

I've also got an old 009 with 1/4" chain, it cuts faster but has it's limits.

If you want aggressive get a 200t, :laugh: :greenchainsaw:

why do you want something more aggressive when you have a 460 which by the way is running far too big a bar, i would reccommend a 20 inch max or ideally an 18 inch :monkey:

Thanks for the comment monkey

My 460 also has a 20 and 25 inch bar. Depends on what I'm cutting. We have some VERY large trees we fall here. I used to use my 20 inch bar but falling was ok but man did it get me in the back when I was limbing and bucking the smaller stuff for 4 hrs at a shot. With the long bar as long as you really watch the tip you don't need to bend = very happy back.:clap:

fair enough the back is important, as usual it depends on what you are doing with the saw most to how you set it up, i would usually use a 20 on the 46's
and a 30 on the 66's, rather then change the bars on the saws, and if you are falling "VERY large trees" with a 25inch bar then they are not "VERY large"
trees at all , i would say more "big" or just "large"
when you are using an 88 and have to letterbox the hinge then you are falling
"Very large trees" :chainsawguy:

Back