015l stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I've picked up an old Stihl 015L (orange model) at a garage sale. $5.00 was the cost so I could'nt pass it up. Its missing the pull start handle and the clutch cover. I would like to use a cover set up with a chain brake. The saw has a 2 shoe clutch. My question is will this clutch work with a chain brake cover or would I have to find a 3 shoe clutch to use it. I see parts are hard to come by and I like the idea of having a brake on the saw but not if I cant find the parts to make it work. I have'nt even tried to get it running yet. Thanks Rick!

It will run, even if I have to rebuild it. Im sure it will not be a fun saw to work on. I would just like to know if there is a lot to do to put a chainbrake on it. My 075 stihl requires a different clutch assembly to add a chainbrake and I was wandering if this saw was the same way. :confused:

Hello, I've picked up an old Stihl 015L (orange model) at a garage sale. $5.00 was the cost so I could'nt pass it up. Its missing the pull start handle and the clutch cover. I would like to use a cover set up with a chain brake. The saw has a 2 shoe clutch. My question is will this clutch work with a chain brake cover or would I have to find a 3 shoe clutch to use it. I see parts are hard to come by and I like the idea of having a brake on the saw but not if I cant find the parts to make it work. I have'nt even tried to get it running yet. Thanks Rick!

IPL shows a three clutch shoe for the chain brake model and two for non-chain brake saw. I presume there's a reason for this but don't know if a two shoe clutch would work. Bet it might be smaller.

Latest posts

Back