020 vs 009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've an offer to buy a 009 at a good price in great shape, I have an 020 already . What are differences in internals, durability, weight/handling? I see the 009 has more CCs/power. Is this like a pro/homeowner decision? 026 vs 029?

I have a orchard so two pruining saws will come in handy, weights are similar......

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Thanks Andy,

Is the 009 a REAL pos? I'm talking cheap . $50, good pm chain/original bar , I think bar will fit my 020........

What is differrent in durability/internals vs 020?

Sorry to pry your brain, hope the water is going down.....God Bless

Best,

MP

009 , Home owners saw. If it runs good,has a good bar and chain,probably a good buy. You could use it for backup and or if you have help you do not trust with your better saw ,let them use it. Could offer them less if it needs bar & chain.

I log in once a month, and find that Andy (as usual) has beaten me to the punch.

The 009 doesn't even deserve to sit on the same shelf as any version of the 020. Not even comparable. I'd call the 026 and 029 comparable, though kinda like apples to oranges. The 009 to the 020 is apples to elephants.

Jeff

for 50 bucks ya cant beat it, use it as a backup if you 020 brakes. stay away from 029. there a nightmare. i had a bunch, i mean like 20. every one was JUNK. plastic crank cases. blah blah , junk, buy a comparable saw. a361. even a 261 would blow away a ms290

An 009 cuts wood just fine. Well made, lasts forever - both of mine are 25 years old and still working. They've never needed more than mix and bar oil.

Are they as good as an 020 or 200? Hell no - but for $50 they're a better option for cutting wood than your average box store purchase.

Latest posts

Back