026 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle.kipple

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 026 with issues from a fella on here. I replaced the fuel line as this was the stated problem and now im not getting fuel at all. So i figured i start the cheapest way with a kit. THe carb is a fully adjustable walbro. I cannot read the numbers clearly.... its either a wt-220 or a wt-22 c. Can someone tell me which would be the most likely one it is. THe nipple for the fuel line is black plastic and the nipple on the bottom for the impulse is metal.

It is likely a WT-22c carb. They are the second best carbs on the 026, after the WT-194. They are good ones, and fully adjustable. Far better than the half dozen other ones that came on them, and a good alternative to the now really expensive WT-194 that is no longer being made.

I would check your impulse line. That drives the fuel pump in the carb. No impulse, no gas. Make sure the impulse line is connected to the nipple at the base of the jug, and the other side is connected to the carb intake. Also make sure that the carb seals are tight and the carb is tightly nutted down as well. I would blow out the carb with a compressor first. They tend to get gunk in the intake from the fuel line. The fuel like can get kinked, so make sure that it is not. Also make sure that the grommet where the fuel line exits the fuel tank is not crimping the line. Universal carb rebuild kits are pretty cheap, and available at places like Jacks Small engine online.

Impulse has been scratched off the list. Its connected and looks good. As for the fuel line being pinched haven't inspected for that. Will check though. Plug is dry as can be so it's possible

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Are your diaphragm and gasket in the right order and not reversed?

Yep, 22c, and its actually the 3rd best carb behind the 194 and 426, but will certainly get the job done on a stock saw.

Latest posts

Back