026 Carburetor Rebuild - The Saga Continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and it has ran for a few a few minutes at a time. It has 125 according to my gauge and I know my gauge runs way low compared to a good one.

Then the only thing that would cause that saw not to at least cough on fuel in the carb or plug hole is insufficient spark or spark at the wrong time. Sheared flywheel key or weak coil ?

Then the only thing that would cause that saw not to at least cough on fuel in the carb or plug hole is insufficient spark or spark at the wrong time. Sheared flywheel key or weak coil ?
I agree. I was wanting him to try fuel in plug hole to see if bottom seal is blown if it wont even draw fuel dumped in carb in

Id be betting on either a blown seal on either side of bottomend or bad intake boot or impulse line
So, let's say it is the oil seal(s). What is it like to take them off on an 026? Can I just pop something through em, but a screw in and pry em out with pliers? Or is it more complicated than that. My stihl dealer is itchin to get his hand on this saw, but I like doing things myself, not to mention saving money.

Id be betting on either a blown seal on either side of bottomend or bad intake boot or impulse line

A good compression gauge and a good pressure and vaccum unit would be invaluable if u plan on working on many saws.Maybe someone nearby u has one and could pressure and vaccum test it for u

So, let's say it is the oil seal(s). What is it like to take them off on an 026? Can I just pop something through em, but a screw in and pry em out with pliers? Or is it more complicated than that. My stihl dealer is itchin to get his hand on this saw, but I like doing things myself, not to mention saving money.
Do u have the 026 service manual? Send me ur email in a pm

I don't know many saw fanatics besides dealers in my area. One member is near me, but he is more of a swapper and trader than a fixer , I think. I'll probably get a vac tester.

Yes, I have the service manual and IPL. I thought it said you needed a special tool for oil seals though...

Back