026 Carburetor Rebuild - The Saga Continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my old airbrush gave up the goods, so I had to order a new one from harbor freight . $16 dollars and free shipping due to a coupon I had and an undelivered item which they applied toward free shipping for my next order. So I'd say I did alright. I hear their airbrushes are nice for beginners and should be enough to shoot what I need on this chainsaw.

Okay I've found my enamel paint, what should I use to thin and clean my airbrush with afterwords? Any thoughts?

To do the cases right , they need to be split , pressure washed, sand blasted, heated and shot with the paint and then baked
We used to use MEK for some paints, Xylene for others. See what the label recommends as far as cleaning I use MEK take the gun apart and go to town. But mineral spirits or lacquer thinner will work just fine. Just let it "bake" so that it out gasses. 40C or 100F

Thanks Rockjock, I think the heat index was 109 here today so it should be able to out gas fine if the weather keeps this up.

Back