026 Carburetor Rebuild - The Saga Continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to top that off the rebuild may still be going. Still, I think with all the tips offered and all the problems my saw presented, this thread is a good read for anyone with an 026. It was a good specimen because of the multiple issue trouble shoot. And there was no pie... Just sayin.

Wish my new 026 could get a session with you. Fin460 (Justin is my buddy) loves his and says he won't run anything else.

I'm not sure If I said that, I have several saws done by Moody, and have enjoyed saws by other builders. I respect all the builders out there!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Anyway, here she is without her clothes on. If your young'uns are with you, hide their eyes. Oh, and she fired right up this morning. That air filter I modded to fit solved my non priming carburetor problem. Helps when they fully engage so their isn't an air leak.

I happen to have the rustoleum high heat paint. I used it to paint my forge black. Also, does the stihl paint require any special tool or preparation to use? I assume absolutely clean, as that's a requirement for all paint, but beyond that? And yes, I ordered the pro plastic with the hole for the decompression valve.

I happen to have the rustoleum high heat paint. I used it to paint my forge black. Also, does the stihl paint require any special tool or preparation to use? I assume absolutely clean, as that's a requirement for all paint, but beyond that? And yes, I ordered the pro plastic with the hole for the decompression valve.
To do the cases right , they need to be split , pressure washed, sand blasted, heated and shot with the paint and then baked

Well, I think I'll just have to live with new plastic then. Haha! I won't be tearing this thing down for a long time if it continues to run so good. I'm guessing this saw would respond to a muffler mod, but my muffler halves got bent a little and vents out the top the tiniest bit. So I'm not sure how much gain I would see. Thanks for the info on the paint, Keith.

Well, I think I'll just have to live with new plastic then. Haha! I won't be tearing this thing down for a long time if it continues to run so good. I'm guessing this saw would respond to a muffler mod, but my muffler halves got bent a little and vents out the top the tiniest bit. So I'm not sure how much gain I would see. Thanks for the info on the paint, Keith.
u can make that saw look new if u want with alil time and work but its not necessary

Once my saw is complete with new plastics, what would you value this saw at? Just off the top of your head. Did I waste too much money on this saw? Well, I know I didn't from the learning experience point of view. Total spent, about $150.

And yes , I know I put hours upon hours of labor into it, but I'm not factoring that in: I put money in it from a recent demo and scrap job. Sold a huge electrical box for $150, so that helped offset the costs.

Well, that softens the blow a little. Not that I want to get rid of her after everything we've been through together. I know it's a solid runner now and that brings peace of mind.

Back