026 Carburetor Rebuild - The Saga Continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have the ultimatum that I'm supposed to thin my crop down this fall... Don't want to, but don't want to sleep in the dog house either... I just gotta decide which ones I can part with: minimal tears would be nice.

Keith, minus a seal puller and a couple more flywheel pullers, I think I AM about set up. Haha! I just need more project saws. Justin, you listening? :laugh: I know where there is a sun baked MS280 for about$130

My uncle has all of that for me to borrow minus the USC. My grandpa was a lumberjack/sawmill owner all his life. Oh and I have an USC: matter of fact, my uncle is a body man. I smell partnership : I work for him, he pretties up my chainsaws. Haha! Well see.'

My uncle has all of that for me to borrow minus the USC. My grandpa was a lumberjack/sawmill owner all his life. Oh and I have an USC: matter of fact, my uncle is a body man. I smell partnership : I work for him, he pretties up my chainsaws. Haha! Well see.'
There u go!! lol

According to my pictures and the 026 in general, what color could I find that would closest match my paint? Take it to an auto store and have it matched? Anyway, thanks to Keith... I'm thinking about airbrushing my chainsaw to touch up a few areas underneath at least... Maybe more. I have an old airbrush, think that would work? I saw some other thread where it was mentioned as being okay. I don't think I need a full on spray gun for these little parts.

I'm talking about the paint that's on the case and clutch cover, not the orange. I don't know what to call it... Cream?

So you're saying rattle can over my airbrush? I thought the airbrush might put a nicer coat on it, doing a few layers.

I've had quite a few conversations about that, cedarshark. People must like the blue? It came in an 026 kit I got for like ten bucks (after discount) when I opened a new card at amazon.com.

Sweet saw! What color do you think I should paint my muffler? Silver/aluminum or black? I can get high temp paint in both. Heck, I can get it in red if I want lol.

lol!! u have plenty of saws to use so take your time and redo the saw to like new if u feel thats what u wanna do
That's some good advice there and so true. I do it for the fun of it. I think if we had to have a saw, there's not many on here that couldn't just go buy a new one. But there's no fun in that!

Latest posts

Back