026 - no power in cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't know what was wrong. I fixed it just by being awesome: I have oil in my veins and fuel in my brains!
:greenchainsaw:

Thats some BS right there...You know what was wrong and wont tell.

Is there a chance...

While in the cut, you would get so excited, you would accidentally hit the kill part of the switch? It sure would explain a lot!:)

OK, OK, I'll quit being an attention whore. I taped over the intake and exhaust ports and sucked on the impulse hose. It held vacuum for longer than I cared to wait for it to leak down, so I determined the crankcase was sealed well. I knew it couldn't be the intake boot, unless the clamp was loose, and I doubted that. I blew through the fuel filter again and decided it was probably OK, so I put everything back together and tried to run it, just to see if it had magically healed itself. It hadn't. So I pulled the carb off, took it apart, sprayed brake cleaner into every orifice I could see, put it back together, and put it back on. Then the saw just barely ran if I held the throttle wide open, so I figured it was overly rich. I fiddled with the screws a bit and got it running nicely. So I guess it must have been some crud in the carburetor. *shrug*

:rock: :givebeer:

Crud can't get into the carb with a good fuel hose unless the filter is suspect... replace it...

Also, look carefully at your impulse hose connection to the carb.

BTW.. SUCKING on the impulse hose is admirable, but... you can't generate enough suck...

Last edited:
Crud in carb also from bad air filter, you could have been choking the saw the whole time. Air filter easy to clean, should be done everyday after use. Also like the others mentioned the new fuel is garbage, drain your tank after use, and let saw idle til dead out of fuel. We replace fuel lines like clockwork now, it's crazy! HP

Crud can't get into the carb with a good fuel hose unless the filter is suspect... replace it...

Also, look carefully at your impulse hose connection to the carb.

BTW.. SUCKING on the impulse hose is admirable, but... you can't generate enough suck...
The only crud I actually saw was a very little bit of very, very fine particulate matter on that little screen inside the carb. It was way too small to be able to see what it was from... so replace the filter? Is there a certain kind I should get, or stick with the black and white one like it has now?

How much vac does one need to generate in the crankcase before a leak will show itself?

Crud in carb also from bad air filter, you could have been choking the saw the whole time. Air filter easy to clean, should be done everyday after use. Also like the others mentioned the new fuel is garbage, drain your tank after use, and let saw idle til dead out of fuel. We replace fuel lines like clockwork now, it's crazy! HP
I brushed off the air filter the day of the GTG, and it didn't help.
So what's up with the "new" gas? Ethanol in it or something? I use Shell 93 with Stihl oil.

Oh, and as far as the connection to the impulse hose... the hose barb on the carb sticks into the impulse hose end. *shrug* I don't know what else to say - the hose end isn't torn or wallowed out or anything. There's nothing to make me think it's not sealing properly, but is there a way to check it, like by spraying something on it? Soapy water maybe? It alternates between pressure and vac, right?

Latest posts

Back