028 super stihl won’t running.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have an 028 stihl, have replaced bearing seals, impulse line, carb kit, piston/rings. I just ordered a new fuel line to replace. When I lean the saw on its side or towards the nose it dies at idle. In the cut it does not feel strong like it’s choking out or something. The fuel line looks good but I’m replacing it anyway just for the heck of it. Any ideas? The saw has decent compression and runs okay.

I didn't see if you said you did a pressure test on the saw...that would tell you where the leak is if there is one. You can make a test kit easily and with little money..slide a piece of flat rubber behind the muffler, stick a cork in the intake and run a small piece of tubing into the impulse hose, blow it up with a blood pressure bulb with gauge attached to about 6 psi and see if it stays there..

I once had an issue on a 028 super that ended up being the metering lever in the carb was set too low. Caused some weird running issues.

Make sure the spring on the choke flap is not broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2. I recently had an 028 where the spring wasn't broken but was too weak to hold the shutter open at any speed above idle. Very similar symptoms. Discovered that with the help of this forum. Easy way to check is briefly run the saw without the air filter.

That’s how I figured out my problem. When I first tried to start the saw, it would fire. Then when I flipped to run, it would not start.

When it would run without the air filter, I then discovered the problem with the choke spring.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back