028 WB question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spreaderman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 028 WB that seems weak. It has a 18" bar a .325 full comp RS chain. The compression is normal etc. It was run with a slightly bent bar for a time, unknowingly after my brother used it .... My question is will a clutch crystalize like brakes will do if they get to hot... will a clutch get weak after it runs too hard. Will heat cause it not to grab after it has cooled.... My dealer checked the clutch and said it wasn't worn enough to need replaced.
Any input or related experiences appreciated.

Thanks guys

as far as I know, unless you run the saw REALLY hard, but on a chainsaws clutch, at most, one or more of the 3 shoes could be worn unevenly or the springs be stretched out, both of which are not good, but can be fixed. the clutch springs being stretched will show quite clearly because the chain will turn no matter how you tune the carb on the engine other than stopping it altogether. unevenly worn shoes, I dont know what that'll do because I've never really asked, but I would imagine it would cause significant vibration that would result in either a leaking crank seal or bad PTO side bearing, or a combination of the two.

Back