• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 034/036 clutch side case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcte

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an 034 that needs a clutch side case, mine has an ovaled bearing bore and stripped out dog. Also maybe an 036 cylinder/piston. Thanks

Be aware that an 036 P/C is not a direct drop on to an 034 case, and may be problems mixing and matching 034 cases and 036 cases. Even mixing and matching case halves from the same model Stihl can be problematic because of the varying deck heights.

Thanks for the heads up, I was under the impression that it was. Guess i'll have to keep digging

Be aware that an 036 P/C is not a direct drop on to an 034 case,

nmurph has far more experience than I do, but I kinda think he's wrong here.

Edit: There are little problems that crop up, but not with the case. The 034's engine shroud won't fit over an 036 cylinder without modification, and the 034 muffler will require a couple of spacers at the bottom corners if used with an 036 cylinder.

My experience level: I've done exactly one of these conversions.

Still looking for case half or entire case and top end, thanks

I have a 034 parts saw I would let go. It was scored when I got it and half tore apart. I would sell you both cases together still. What they worth

Latest posts

Back