036 as a logging saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see quite a few loggers running the 036/360/361 saw for felling. It is classed as a pro saw so it has the power and versatility, however i prefer the MS440, the weight difference is minute where the power difference is quite noticable

though an 036 doesnt weight that much different on paper, i weighs a whole lot less on the forearms after you've been cutting for 6 or 7 hours. i just cut about 16,000 bft of lodgepole pine sawlogs on monday and tuesday, cut all of it with an 036 pro that has been modified, while it is not quite as fast as my 044 or 066, i make up for it in the ability to stay cutting for a couple more hours. with my 044, at high altitude, on moderately steep slopes, the most i can cut for is about 5 or 6 hours before my forearm just wont do it anymore. but with my pp036, i can cut for up to 9 hrs.

Quite a few of the other loggers around here use'm for pulp wood saws and trim saws bump'n knots on the landing. They hold up good till you run them over with a skidder. The only thing I HATE or dislike (read hate) is the plastic handle bar cause they brake way too easy! That was fixed by finding and installing a handle bar from an 034.

The 036 seems to be a good saw that fits nicely in lineup that has a bigger and a smaller saw in it. Some times it would be just right, other times to big or to small.
I suppose some of you guys hunt rabbit with a 460 Weatherby too. (Why not if it makes you happy, just don't tell everybody thats's what it takes to kill a rabbit)

i had an 036 an really liked it with a 20 full compliment. only thing i did not like,, was the oiler didnt keep up in heavy cut on hardwood. but id just rev it a little to lube the bar.

Back