038 conversion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so was there enough meat left on the bolt heads? We are talking about the main jug bolts right? And you didn't have to remove any meat from the jug for the heads? If so does this mean you can do it without a die grinder/dremel? I'm hoping to not have to buy one...

For G's sake??? Buy the dremel. You could do it with a file I suppose, but don't let that stop you from buying tools.

If you want to know a way to turn bolt heads down with limited equipment, chuck them up in a drill motor, and spin them against a grinder. I have done them that way before, just don't have them in the drill to tight so you don't trash the thread.

038AV - mag conversion

i am thinking of doing this MOD . i have a 48mm bore, so i guess that means i have an038 av. but the case reads..... 038 AV Super...... bit confused, but the mad proff said that my 48mm bore is an av. so ok. ... what about the fuel ratio? will it stay the same? .....also i need some advice on the type of fuel, and oil used, as it was... I ...who burned up the saw in the first place.
WHOOPS!!!

i am thinking of doing this MOD . i have a 48mm bore, so i guess that means i have an038 av. but the case reads..... 038 AV Super...... bit confused, but the mad proff said that my 48mm bore is an av. so ok. ... what about the fuel ratio? will it stay the same? .....also i need some advice on the type of fuel, and oil used, as it was... I ...who burned up the saw in the first place.
WHOOPS!!!
As with all saws without exception run top brand (e.g. Stihl) at recommended ratio. That's it... Or read the oil sticky

WHOOPS!!!

Time for a leak down/pressure test

fuel brand

thanks guys!
i also heard a suirrel sayin that i should either only use BP gas, or
maybe it was NEVER use BP gas. Have you guys any idea about that?

Well I finally got some feedback from this conversion saw. Its not quite as fast a cutter as his new MS460, but its close and he is still torn in which saw he wants to run all day. I told him if he wants it to be faster to send it back for a few days:chainsaw:

038 av?

Has anyone tried to to fit the magnum jug to an 038 AV? Were they successful? If so is there more involved than the super to magnum conversion?

Thanks in advance for any replies, Ross

Back